Passed NCLEX first try...some encouragement for other observersRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Passed NCLEX first try...some encouragement for other observers in NCLEX Discussion Forum, part of Nursing Student ... Hi everyone, I recently became an observer within the last 2 weeks and found this website very...by BrittersRN Jun 17, '11Hi everyone, I recently became an observer within the last 2 weeks and found this website very helpful and encouraging. I am writing this in hopes to encourage others that are just observing right now as well. Every semester, I was always on the verge of not passing, but I ended up passing and graduating this past May. I was one of the students who the teachers thought were not going to pass the NCLEX on the first try. By the grace of God, I did pass on the first try! I found out today I passed. I got 265 questions and it took me 4 LONG hours, with no breaks and at times, loud, laughing proctors who were administering my test.
I just want to encourage those of you still waiting to take your test to not give up. I used Hurst AND Kaplan. My Kaplan scores were all in the 50s with only one 64%. So don't be freaked out if you get in the 50s...that just means you may have a longer test, like I did. And getting 265 questions is not necessarily a bad thing, either.
A bible verse I found very encouraging is from Psalm 143:8 "Let me experience your faithful Love in the morning, for I trust in you. Reveal to me the way I should go, because I long for you." Just ask God to guide and be with you every step of the way and he WILL! Good luck to the rest of yall preparing to take your test.
Oh and the PVT trick...I didn't attempt it until after I got my final results, because I wanted to be patient...but I'm guessing it does work!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=580197©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,805 Views
- Jun 17, '11 by caliotter3
- Jun 17, '11 by gcat626_RNCONGRATULATIONS!! Im actually using Hurst and Kaplan as well, hoping it does the trick
- Jun 17, '11 by Iammaj28awesome!!!congratulation!!!..i hope i can make it too..im a first taker and im always here in this site everyday..thank u for ur encouragement...
- Jun 17, '11 by Pink20059
- Jun 17, '11 by BrittersRNPlease be sure to read the rationales behind all of the questions you do in Kaplan. They are amazing...read the right and wrong answer rationales for better understanding.
And thanks everyone!
- Jun 17, '11 by pitxurri19Congratulatins!!!
Thank you for the encouragement, I really need it right now. I'm going to take the exam this August. No particular date yet but I already have anxiety attacks.. Hopefully in God's grace I WILL PASS!!!
- Jun 18, '11 by aredenyfwow congratulations! I may be lcking in prayers. I like the whole verse of Psalm chapter 143. thanks for sharing and encouraging. so kaplan does really help huh. once again congratulations.
- Jun 18, '11 by lekhacongrats!
- Jun 19, '11 by BrittersRNThanks again, everyone!
aredenyf: My mom actually gve me that verse to read the night before my test and I fell in love with it! And I have had several of my friends say Kaplan is the best thing as far as you getting you ready to answer the questions and I have had some (who still passed the NCLEX) say Kaplan didn't help them. That decision tree is horrible. While doing my Kaplan review course, my instructor said way too many times, "Well, students, the decision tree wont work on this question!" So the only thing I took from that was the "assess before implement" rule.
pitxurri19: You should go on a set a date and work towards that day and plan out your study days. I graduated in May and changed my test date 5 times because of anxiety...its just best to go on and get it over with. My motivation for finally picking a test date was the expiration date on my temp license...I knew I had to go on and take the test, so in case I failed, i would still have time to retake it before my temp license expired.
If yall have any questions, please feel free to ask me! And good luck to you all!