Nclex what you don't expectRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Nclex what you don't expect in NCLEX Discussion Forum, part of Nursing Student ... Drove 3 hours yesterday...could not eat...checked into nice suite to treat myself which happened to...by Tuesday17 Apr 25, '12Drove 3 hours yesterday...could not eat...checked into nice suite to treat myself which happened to be across the parking lot from the Pearson center...thought it made sense. It didn't! I stared at the entrance all day and night long wondering "how I would feel when I walked out those doors after the big test...couldn't sleep...couldn't eat...hated the nice room and REALLY hated the Pearson center that I could see from my window all night!
Woke up...peed...couldn't eat again...felt like I was having a stroke...maybe the bird flu...something...maybe going into shock. Walked across the parking lot...checked in like a fugitive (fingerprints, palm scan, picture up against a wall)...peed again...put keys and drivers license in locker...told to put papers in locker too. Did that...peed again. Went into the room...stuffed the ear plugs in my ears...put the head phones over those to keep the sound out...started the tutorial...finished tutorial...thought I'd puke. Started the test and BAM! Didn't know the first several questions...went blank...closed eyes and prayed to the Gods for something...PLEASE GOD something....looked around the room for my marbles...then remembered "they are videotaping me"....eyes back on the test...
Almost two hours later...question 95...WHAT!? I didn't flunk at 75! Still in the game, right? Didn't pass either...*&&^^%%^**...BUCK UP! Every question now is pass or fail...big deep breaths...prayed to every God I know of...at question 118..screen went blank...mind as well...took off the ear phones, pulledsd the plug out of ears...barely got into the bathroom before I peed myself...left with lady smiling saying good luck...whatever.
Drove 3 hours home...still can't eat...surprised I can still pee...but I did...wanted to crawl into bed and sleep...couldn't sleep...kept thinking...PVT...does it work? *&^%...what to do...of course I had to check it out...really started gagging and then....the good pop up came up :-) I ate and haven't peed since!
Seriously y'all, relax, try and eat, do NOT study the day before and DO NOT get a hotel room across the parking lot from the (*&^ testing center! Relax and pray to all your higher powers...breathe...pee...breathe...pee...don't kill a patient and pass!
Good luck to all...need to go call a urologist....new R.N.!!!Last edit by Tuesday17 on Apr 25, '12
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=702404©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,675 Views
- Apr 25, '12 by JENURSE03Good job!! Thank you for sharing your story
- Apr 25, '12 by Jennifercarmen69Hilarious, but pretty much sums up the day perfectly.
- Apr 26, '12 by Ryans1mom73That was awesome!! I needed a good laugh...glad you got the good pop up. Happy for you. Thank you soooo much for sharing your experience..let us know when you get your confirmation!!
- Apr 26, '12 by Tuesday17I will and thanks to all :-)
- Apr 26, '12 by suchastarCONGRATS I took mine yesterday & was the same way.
- Apr 26, '12 by Esme12COngratulations!!!!! Great story!
- Apr 26, '12 by RNsRWeGreat story, indeed! Except, I got a hotel as close as possible to the testing center so I didn't have to do anything but aim my car a half mile down the road and pull into the parking lot. If I could have stayed across the street, I WOULD have, as the thought of getting lost or traffic or who knows what delaying me is what gave ME my mild heart attacks.
Glad you survived
- Apr 26, '12 by RainzRNWhat's PVT and the good pop up?? Haven't done RN yet and am a little freaked already! Also hoe do you know every question after 75 is pass/fail??
- Apr 26, '12 by Ryans1mom73PVT is the "Pearson Vue trick". You register and pay Pearson Vue to schedule an appt to take the NCLEX. Once you take it, go home and try to reschedule your exam. If you get the "good pop up" which says something like "you cannot reschedule contact your board" then good chances are you passed. If the system lets you go all the way to the credit card page where you pay to reschedule then you failed. It seems to work for everyone. People swear by the Pearson Vue trick.