nclex a week away
- 0ok ...... my exam is a week away i am soooo nervous ... and sooo not nervous at the same time !!! its like my emotions r bipolar !!! please help me to understand where i stand ... i know everyone gets unsure with their preparations at the end .. it feels like i dont know anything .....
i am foreign educated ... and its been almost 4 years since i finished my school .... my knowledge was really a blurr .... so i started with saunders ... read it cover to cover twice ...... on my diagnostic which i took after going thru saunders once i got 61%
my qbank scores are 61% as well... this i started taking early on
qt1 73 qt2 75 qt3 63 qt4 69 qt5 64 qt6 68 ... going to do qt7 today .....
and i have been doing nclex 3500 for sata.. but my scores r really disappointing there
i also did pda, just the 18 chapters, it ranged anywhere from 50's to 70's to 80's
my weak points are ecg !! i just dont get it .... i know only the basic that r there in saunders.... i did go through the youtube videos.... but it still is a blurr !!!
i have been studying soooo hard for the past 3 months ...... its like i m all burnt out now .... i just want to get this over with ..... towards the end instead of working harder .. i find myself lagging behind .... i am soooo exhausted studying ... i know most people are ..... i dont know what else to do ......
any suggestions would be great ... please keep me in your prayers... i get soo motivated reading success stories here ... keep up the good work guys
- 0Mar 19, '13 by St_ClaireIt sounds like you are burning yourself out with studying. At this point you know what you know. Do questions from here on out. Review the rationales of any that you get wrong. Remember the best way to answer a SATA question is to look at each answer individually and answer it True or False. The answers are not meant to go together, they need to be answered individually. Be confident in your approach to the questions. You can do this!
- 0Mar 19, '13 by St_ClaireThank you. :-) When I was a few days away from my test on Feb 12 I came to this site multiple times each day looking for success stories and encouragement and found both. This is a great community.
When I did my rationales I did not review material to see why I got it wrong, I simply looked at the answer and used critical thinking to see why their answer was right. Try that on your next test and see how you feel. From my personal experience and reading what others have written after their test, it seems to be more important to know how to answer the questions and to become comfortable with them. You know the content, you graduated from the nursing program. Now face your next practice test with confidence.
Hang in there, you are almost finished!
- 0Mar 20, '13 by BrunoverseMy exam was scheduled for march 5th and I sought advise from the wonderful associates on this site on whether or not I should postpone it. I felt underprepared and I got to a point of feeling like I knew nothing. My scores on the q trainers were right where yours are +/- a few points. With the advise from our peers I didn't postpone and I passed in 75 questions. The nclex was hard, but easier an I thought. Relax, you have prepared and you will be fine!
- 0Mar 20, '13 by dixyaQuote from BrunoverseMy exam was scheduled for march 5th and I sought advise from the wonderful associates on this site on whether or not I should postpone it. I felt underprepared and I got to a point of feeling like I knew nothing. My scores on the q trainers were right where yours are +/- a few points. With the advise from our peers I didn't postpone and I passed in 75 questions. The nclex was hard, but easier an I thought. Relax, you have prepared and you will be fine!
thanx a lot ..... i got 65 on the last qt ... it was tough !! i hope nclex isnt like that ... i've worked soo hard .. i wish i could see the result of it ....
thanx a lot i m a a bit reassured