NCLEX timeline. Test to results.Register Today!
This is a discussion on NCLEX timeline. Test to results. in NCLEX Discussion Forum, part of Nursing Student ... I just received my quick results. The past 49 hrs have been horrible but I passed. This website...by MHunt12 Jul 12, '12I just received my quick results. The past 49 hrs have been horrible but I passed. This website eased some of my anxiety(some) that I built up waiting for my results. Its been the worst 2 days of my life but its over and I am an RN! So here is my timeline maybe it will ease some of your anxiety.
-Tuesday July 10th 8am I took the test. Finished at 930, 75 questions, 15-25 SATA, 2 drag and drops, 1 pic. Some hard ass questions!
-Tuesday July 10th 931am extreme anxiety hits and I start to question how I did, hit the books and found three or four answers I got wrong.
-Tuesday 10am tried the PVT for the first time and got the good pop up. Tried the trick 3 other times in the 48 hr span and got the good pop up each time.
-Thursday 9am. I got my quick results. Passed! state board not up as of yet.
There it is. Thats how it went. I recommend doing the pearson trick. It doesn't help with anxiety though. I pride my self on my calmness under pressure, I am a nurse for gods sake, but anxiety ate me alive during the 49 hrs I waited for results. If I could recommend anything it would be a 48 hr propofol drip directly after you finish the test. Good Luck! P.S. when you get your results you forget all about the torture you endured.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=756441©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 797 Views
- Jul 12, '12 by hopefaithlove26Congrats ! how did you study?
- Jul 12, '12 by oztizz184congrats, and repeat- what did you use to study?
- Jul 12, '12 by MHunt12I used saunders throughout nursing school, used it as a referance and the cd for test questions. i bought the Lippencotts question answer book, Used about half of the tests. And my school purchased a NCSBN RN NCLEX review at learningext.com, I used almost all of the content. Lots and lots of test questions and read strategy in the two books I had. Also I downloaded a review that someone posted on the boards, I cant for the life of me find it but it was awesome. It was from someone who took a lot of review courses and bullet pointed everything she learned.
- Jul 13, '12 by MHunt12Here it is. Download this and read it over a few times before the test. It helps alot. I read it at work a bunch leading up to the test. Granted 95 percent of this stuff wont be on the test but its a good nursing review. http://allnurses.com/attachment.php?...7&d=1310274877
- Jul 13, '12 by NRSJackieThank you the review!!!!!It helps me out so much because I was trying to read all the content in Saunders and do questions but it was too much!!!! This review helps me to go over info and not feel overwhelmedvand the mnemonics is awesome!!!!Thank you so much I think Ima take 2 weeks to study this and then do questions!!!!Im trying to pace myself because right now I am all over the place. I dont take NCLEX until September!!!!
- Jul 13, '12 by Anne36Thank you so much for the link. I cant afford any more study materials and have only had the Saunders and the small Kaplan guide (not many questions). You are all going to think Im crazy but I just do better answering questions with my instincts than using the Kaplan strategy. I have gotten questions wrong using those methods. Same thing happened to me in school on exams when I tried to use "the method", I got the worst test scores that way.