Nclex Style Questions???????????????Register Today!
- by student240 Oct 22, '06Hey guys,
I have a quick question..When you guys were taking the NCLEX RN test did you ever have similar questions in your practice tests with kaplan or any other practice testing material? Did anyone experience the SAME question in a practice tests as on the real test?
I"m taking it soon so I am very very nervous!
Thanks for your input .....
- Oct 22, '06 by DolphinRN84I used Kaplan and Saunders together while I was studying. Kaplan was great for practicing critical thinking type questions. They came closest to being similar to the real NCLEX. Saunders was alittle too easy to be NCLEX type questions. None of the questions I saw were the exact same questions. According to NCLEX rules, we cannot discuss or post questions that were on the real NCLEX. But I can tell you that Kaplan was a very good study tool Good luck!
- Oct 22, '06 by student240Thx for the reply...
Yah i'm using kaplan. I'm socring between 63-68% on practice testss 5-7.
I realise that the actual questions on the NCLEX we cannot talk about, but the way kaplan words there questions is kinda tricky. Does the NCLEX do that too, or is it more straight forward?
P.S Is there a lot of medication questions compared to say priority questions?
- Oct 22, '06 by hlfpntNCLEX is random in number, format & content...no 2 tests are ever the same. Medication questions can be priority questions.
- Oct 22, '06 by DolphinRN84I actually found the real NCLEX to be more straightforward than Kaplan thats for sure! They still try to "trick" you in the real NCLEX, but as long as you know the content, and critically think about each answer, you should be fine. Yeah a lot of people's exams are different. Some get no meds, some get a lot, and some get in between. A good majority have gotten priority type questions though. Hope this helps!
- Oct 22, '06 by RGN1Personally I though Kaplan was pretty close - at least the questions I had on the 1 day live course were.
I also have to say that I actually got a question on the real exam that was on the NCSBN on-line course & I heard on here that another person got 2 that were pretty much the same as well.
Saunders is fantastic for content though so I think a mix is the best thing.
- Oct 22, '06 by Nursing28Kaplan would be similar to NCLEX...( no same questions though) I would highly suggest you focus more on question trainer 6 & 7. Also use the Saunder's book........really good for content. I did all of Saunder's CD which was about 5000 questions along with question trainer 6 & 7 from Kaplan and passed. good luck
- Oct 23, '06 by MIA-RN1when I took the Kaplan review the lady giving the course said that all the review questions came from the same question bank which is where some of the NCLEX questions came from as well. I found Kaplan to be the best review course although I really thought they were ethically shady.
- Oct 23, '06 by student240Kaplan unethical?
- Oct 23, '06 by RNKay31I too used saunders and kaplan and I find the nclex was similar to kaplan, all the best.