NCLEX prep book
- 0Jan 10, '12 by NurseToBe3I'm in my second term of nursing school and I keep hearing that I should start practicing with a NCLEX prep book. Can anyone recommend a good one that will be useful now or will they be over my head at this point? Thanks!
- 0Jan 11, '12 by purplechicxiiiWhat I'm using:
Saunder's Comprehensive Review 5th edition (book+CD) - for content review
* Since I graduated 4 years ago. I really need to refresh my content, so I'm reading/studying this book from cover to cover. Answering all practice tests at the end of each chapter and questions on the CD.
Kaplan Strategies Practice and Review 2011-2012 edition (book+CD) - great test-taking strategies. It also has much harder questions. And based on what I'm reading here in this site, it's even harder than the actual nclex-rn questions
Prioritization, Delegation and Assignment for Nclex-RN by LaCharity - very well-recommended by almost all posters here!
Mosby's Pharmacology Memory NoteCards - great for visual learners!
Pearson Vue's Exam Cram Practice Questions for Nclex-RN 2nd edition (book+CD)
How bout you, what are you using?
Will test on March 9. Good luck to everyone who's testing soon!
- 0Jan 11, '12 by Newrngrad1I passed my nclex about a month ago these are the books I used...1. Kaplan Strategies Practice and Review 2011-2012 edition2. NCLEX-RN Review Made Incredibly Easy!3. NCLEX-RNŽ Questions & Answers Made Incredibly Easy!4. Barron's NCLEX-RN flash cards-very helpful for meds5. If you take the Kaplan course the review book is helpful to I used it as a reference when I was having trouble in certain areas.Any of the made incredibly easy books really help cause they break things down for you.Hope this helps!
- 0Jan 12, '12 by NurseToBe3Thanks so much for all the suggestions! I know it's early, but I want to be really well prepared when the NCLEX comes around. I've heard a lot of people say that one of the bigger challenges is the style of questions and the wording. Hopefully lots of exposure ahead of time will ease my nerves on the test!