NCLEX PrepRegister Today!
- by lovemydogs91 Jun 18, '12Hi all-
I was wondering for those of you who passed the NCLEX, or those of you who are preparing to take it, which books, test preps, or reviews you used to prepare yourselves. I was going to go through Lippincott's website and find something there but I wanted to use something that was generally accepted as one of the "better" materials to use.
Thanks in advance.
- Jun 18, '12 by adnrnstudentSaunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination 5e by Linda Silvestri.
- Jun 18, '12 by lovemydogs91Thank you!
- Jun 21, '12 by mangopeachTook NCLEX today. Got the good pop up but still waiting for official results.
I mostly used Saunders Q& A ( I think this is a very very good resource) - I thought the questions here were harder than the questions in Saunders Comprehensive which is a good thing.
I used Saunders Comprehensive all through nursing school so I used it to review a few things but I didn't read the whole book, just went over the things I felt iffy about.
The all nurses study guide was helpful as well - especially the infection control mnemonics
- Jun 25, '12 by lovemydogs91Awesome thanks!
- Jun 25, '12 by ceebizkitI have to 2nd (or 3rd, 4th, whatever is now) the Saunder's suggestion. I also used the Lippincott's Q&A review book which I found really helpful -- tons of questions broken down by content area with pretty thorough rationales.
Doing a bunch of questions will get you thinking in "NCLEX mode" and help ensure nothing on test day really throws you for a loop.
- Jul 12, '12 by lovemydogs91Thank you all for the advice!