Nclex nclex nclex worth a read! - Page 2Register Today!
- Feb 12 by chelletmariosCongratz! Pls email me firstname.lastname@example.org. I already failed 3 times. I am from the philippines. Don't know what to do. I did kaplan, saunders before.
- Feb 12 by ylove88Hi nurseLpnrn,
Congrats in your achievement, I cannot wait to be on your shoes. I am testing in 2 week the 27th and I have been doing Kaplan and also scoring on the 50's and Saunders questions I like better and I love love their rationales compared to Kaplan. Anyways, please email me any any advice from you. I am having problems with priority questions and Pharm. A few of my friends have taken in and they have all passed which makes my anxiety even higher. Would love to hear from you. Thank you !
my email is email@example.comLast edit by Silverdragon102 on Feb 12 : Reason: larger font to make reading easier
- Feb 12 by babykulit2000Quote from nurselpnrnIm taking mine tomorrow. I'm from New york too. any advice is really appreciated! Congrats by the wayHi everyone! I have been on such a journey as all of you have been. Today I took my nclex.. 2/11/13. My computer shut down at 92 questions..I sat there for a good minute in disbelief..that is it? It is OVER? I took my LPN boards 2 years ago..shut down at 85. For some reason I couldn't remember the exam being as stressful to prepare as this one was. I did the PVT trick and got this so called "good pop up"..I hope it works..if not I still want to tell everyone/anyone how I studied
Lacharity~ PRIORITY... who do you see first? This is so important...high level questions are priority! FINISH THIS BOOK! There is NO WAY to tell how nclex will test..if you understand priority...(who is the MOST unstable- not the person that just came back from surgery, not the pt getting discharged, not a person complaining about mild pain- NO! The person with a REAL problem ie., fever, unstable labs, etc.)
Kaplan~ NOT WORTH IT! The exam is content content and more content. Kaplan is so twisted with the questions..I finished the Kaplan course and it was nothing like the exam. Nclex was very direct..(except the select all that apply) If you need content, and never heard of this program READY TO PASS, it is amazing! I live in NY I'm not sure if it's available anywhere else..It is straight content..if anyone wants any info private message me!
SO basically just the priority book, and CONTENT. I had no math, about 20 SATA, 3 drag drop..please if you have seen this before PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE look at your infection control..again if you want any info on this private message me!
I want you all to know that I was not an "A" student. I got mostly B's..I struggled through the LPN program. The RN program was better but to be honest, I had to study A LOT to pull my B grades. My scores on Kaplan were all in the 50's (again, questions were NOT like nclex) -- Some people swear by this program. If you want to just practice questions it's ok..Lippincott I feel is much more like nclex. I would google for WEEKS to look for what was similar to nclex. Please don't waste your time on something that will not help you. Yes nclex is random but if you don't know the content you can't answer the question.
I still don't have my official results..I hope the pop up works! Any questions don't hesitate to ask. It's still fresh in my mind!
- Feb 12 by kemifairGood luck babykulit, you got this may God go with you. Pray before you start your exam. Take a deep breathe and say "I can do all things through christ that strenghth me."
- Feb 12 by SaligurlCongrats.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Taking my nclex in 2 weeks and so worried...i really need to pass it. I am pregnant and due on the 15 of march
- Feb 12 by nurselpnrnHi babykulit,
if you go over the key points I put in my post you will be fine..NO MORE QUESTIONS..rest that precious brain..eat brain food before the exam ( a banana), and study infection control (who you would see in contact, droplet, airborne, etc) Please keep me posted!! I know you will pass! Treat this as you would any other exam!
- Feb 12 by davi000CONGRATULATIONS. my exam in march 1st wk. i took kaplan 2nd time, i have ncsbn 5wks, nclex 3500
kaplan is very hard ,my weakness on SATA and ecg strips. plz email me with any additional tips. thanks a lot. email@example.com