NCLEX Kaplan Practice Scores 2012 - page 11
Hi Everyone, I was just curious as to what, how everyone else was doing in their kaplan, saunders or whichever nclex practice scores and uh the result of your nclex exam. Most of the posts i found... Read More
Jul 7, '12- kaplan qt 1-7 scoresqt 1 63
qt 2 63
qt 3 61
qt 4 59
qt 5 66
qt 6 69
qt 7 65
- kaplan qbank averagei've accidently quit a few tests, leaving me with some odd scores of like 6% and 12%. i really don't know my true score. with my mess ups, 54%. i usually scored in high 50s to low or mid 60s on my qb tests. (i got a few 70s and even a some 90s on some 10 question quizzes.)
- kaplan diagnostic test 66%lipincott (q&as and the alternate format book) - read the majority of both of these books
- kaplan readiness test 68%
- total practice questions completed: once i reached 5,000 i decided to stop keeping track. i would guess about 7,000, though.
- how long did you prepare i have been doing practice questions for a year. i was in a 2 yr program. so i started doing questions once i completed my first year on up to a couple days before the test.
- questions per day i think i did about 100 per week during most of the time frame mentioned above. however, the month and 1/2 before the test, i probably did between 20-150 questions daily (minus a few days here and there.) i didn't want to do any more than this...or else i wouldn't comprehend it well!
- books used
kaplan rn course book - read the majority of this book
some other kaplan book on - read the whole thing (shorter read)
saunders - did about 16 chapters worth of questions, only read a couple chapters thoroughly.
- iphone apps i don't have a smart phone!
- nclex result and number of questions asked of you. awaiting results. my test ended at 75 questions, got the good pop up, and hoping it went well!
- comments / suggestions
i recommend buying a midsized notebook for your nclex journey. use a page to jot down lab values, a page regarding infection control, do a topic a day (i.e. hip replacements) and jot down a few sentence on it. read rationales of all questions and jot down little bullet point notes on important facts/tips. draw pictures to help (i drew a pregnant belly and labeled the fhr locations for different presentations.) i also drew a chest and labeled where certain cardiac 'hot spots' are.
Jul 7, '12assess&safety,
i tried to private message you but your inbox was full. so i will reply to your question here:
i read a book called nclex-rn alternate-format questions by lipincott. fast read and the book is not very bulky so you can travel around with it! here is a link on :amazon.com: lippincott's nclex-rn® alternate-format questions (9781609133078): lippincott: booksthis book included select all that apply (mostly satas actually), hot spots, chart exhibits, place steps in order, math questions.
i really can't think of too much they can ask for hotspot. here is what i have come across that they could possibly ask:
-parts of the brain (frontal, parietal, occipital, temporal, etc.)
-fhr locations on the mother's belly (loa lop roa rop lsa rsa)-locate where to palpate a pulse (radial, brachial, popliteal, femoral, pedal)
-cardiac locations (tricuspid, mitral, etc.)
-where to palpate for liver dullness
-locate certain components of a chest drainage system (drainage, water seal, suction)
i don't think the nclex is going to go crazy with hotspot questions because they are pure memorization. it's good to review them, but don't go nuts.
the fhr and cardiac ones were giving me the most trouble. however, i read a post on this site that linked to a helpful picture:
Last edit by Scarlettz on Jul 7, '12 : Reason: Forgot to add something
Jul 9, '12Hello everyone, I am new here, I graduated January 27, 2012, took the kaplan readiness test may 24th and scores was 73% , I am scheduled to take the Nclex in exactly 3 weeks, I am half way thru re-reading the kaplan book, and plan on going over all 1000 QBANK questions and rationals again before test date. Can anyone recommend a book that has a lot of SATA practice questions?
Jul 10, '12@ NurseSue33413 - You'll have to get a few review books and just go through and focus on your own the select all that applies. All review books (saunders, kaplan, mosby etc have a mix and its to your benefit to make sure that you are confident in all types of test taking not just select all that apply as for all you know they may give you only 1 or 2 of those. search all nurses for Select all that apply they've soem good tips. Basically you're suppose to rewrite the question choices into separate questions and see if it is still applicable. Good luck!
Jul 10, '12Diagnostic Exam- 68%
QT 1- 49%
QT 2- 67%
QT 3- 54%
QT 4- 60%
QT 5- 68%
QT 6- 66%
QT 7- 67%
Readiness Test - 57%
Question Bank Average:67% completing 100% of the questions
Sample Test 1-56
Sample Test 2- 66
Sample Test 3- 77
I used Hurst Review for Content Review and only did kaplan? and mosby flash cards when i was on the go
took test today had 75 question... alot of SATA ...
checked Pearson and had the good pop
will know result in 2 days
Really Hope I Passed
.....Kaplan set up is really similar to the actually test set up... which made me feel comfortable
well let you guys know if i passed or not when i know.. Good Luck everyone!!!