my nclex storyRegister Today!
- by jorgecardenas55 Aug 13, '12I took my nclex saturday 11th. got the good pop up. will find out tomorrow if i passed.second time i have had to take it. i thought i failed it. i had 140 ish questions. the first time around i had all 265 questions. The first time i only studied hurst. I felt prepared but melted when i took the test. I didnt think that the hurst helped much. I was so mad and sad for 2 weeks. I studied for 3 straight weeks. listening to kaplan lectures when i would drive to and from work. It was 2 hour total drive so i would listen to that instead of music. I also did kaplan qtrainers 1-7. They were tough. I dont know i think it helped a lot just because i was doing questions and just getting into that routine. I did lacharity. those questions seemed easy because you kind of knew who was the one to see first. I read the AN (not endorsed by AN ) study guide. I read it like 5-10 times. I knew it all really well. (during the test I would remember the topic and it helped me to know what the question was trying to ask) I read the saunders 5th edition yelllow book but ONLY read the procedures and that helped me out because i had a lot of them the first time around . I memorized the pneumonics for infection control and had that down good. My weak area was mother baby and i scored below passing so i studied the hurst mother baby stuff really well and listened to the kaplan mother baby lecture. Before i knew it i knew everything about mother baby!. be consisistent! And also pray to God! i prayed and prayed throughout the test! YOU CAN DO IT IF I CAN DO IT!
- Aug 13, '12 by bayouCongrats! Thanks for sharing your story.
You said: " I read the saunders 5th edition yelllow book but ONLY read the procedures and that helped me out because i had a lot of them the first time around ."
Do you mean you read Priority Nursing Actions?
- i meant go through each section like, renal, cardiovascular, i think it starts at like chapter 50 ish. and read the diagnostic tests , and under there read all of them in each category like the pre procedure, and post procedure. other than that i wouldnt read anything else much. to much info in that big book. i heard those questions on that cd are a good practice. i never did them though.
- know your electrolytes too...frequently tested and they help to know whats abnormal and normal
- and endocrine is a big topic frequently tested. i dont know how many DM questions i had that i had to guess on , more in depth than the usual S/S of DM.
- Aug 13, '12 by bayouThanks for all your kindly reply.
Wish you best.
- Aug 13, '12 by healthstarI hope you passed. What were the majority of the questions?
- Aug 16, '12 by jorgecardenas55pediatrics, med surg. study your weak areas. mine were maternity and pediatrics and i bombed that my first time on the nclex, by the end of the day i knew it all. know pediatric norms.(what month they do this or that