My NCLEX Preparation that made me successful. - Page 3Register Today!
- Jun 30, '12 by britney705I loved your post and admire your drive!! When you want something you want it. You remind me of myself. I'm only a pre-nursing student but I aspire to be a great RN oneday. I loved that poem soooo much and it reminds me of why I really want to do this and gives me hope!! Thanx for that!! & Congrats!!
- Jun 30, '12 by meant2be_rnI just took my nclex too last june 21, 2012 and like you, I failed my first nclex back in 2010 with 217 questions and I run out of time. I was very depressed that took me 2 years to finally have the courage to take it again...this time, I studied differently and smarter. instead of reading books I focused more on answering questions. I used nclex 3500, and nclex 5,000+ by lippincot. and if there are any topics that I am not very familiar with or did not score very well, I would consult my textbooks rather than review books. I studied for 8 hours a day with breaks every after 2 hours. I would go out with my friends once or twice a week. 3 days prior to my test I studied "Memory Notebook of Nursing" by zerwekh and claborn..which I strongly believe that had help me a lot on remembering the important details knowledge wise. also, didn't tell anybody that I'm taking the NCLEX again. I stayed positive and never allow any negative thought to come in and I prayed a lot. On the day of my exam, I started with a prayer..and my inner self kind of shouted "LET'S BRING IT ON" twice. I was shocked when the computer screen turned blue after the 75th question after which the computer ask me to take the survey and then I felt a huge, huge, huge relief as if a tooth has gotten out of my throat, and left the building with a big smile on my face not knowing why....and did I mention that I did not pressure myself to pass the test like i did the first time..I just make sure I study smarter...
- Jun 30, '12 by madel0119Quote from Tashy Mary KayTashy Mary Kay,Hello Everyone,
I had the taken the boards previously and I wasn't successful. At that time I had used Kaplan. I decided I had to change my study plan in order to be successful. Here is a list of my preparation.
1. Set a date (keep you focus)
2. I made up my mind that I am going to pass this time and I made a study plan for 6
days a week and 8 hours a day.
3. Content is the key to passing, so I build on that first. Resources I used were
Pearson review book, Kaplan, and Hurst Videos. I listened to them over and over and
I downloaded it on my iphone. I read the Pearson book chapter by chapter and did
the practice questions.
4. For practice questions, I did Pearson and the Saunder's CD. The very last 2 weeks, I
did Exam cram and about 400 question from NCSBN. Overall, I did anywhere from
200-250 questions a day.
5. I used Delegation and Prioritization book.
I did a total of 6000 questions which takes dedication and discipline.
Through out the journey I kept a positive head and I exercised 6 days a week. For the last month I have been doing the crazy insanity. This really kept my stress level down. I also took my vitamins and I got 8-10 hours sleep every night.
On the morning on my exam (June 29. 2012), I walked into that exam room with an open mind. I said my prayers and told myself, "on your marks, get set, go"!!! I am NOT doing this exam again. Question number 4 was a SATA... I was so happy. I got a total of 118 questions, 24 SATA, 3 calculation, 1 drag and drop, 1 picture, and a host of delegation, prioritization, teaching, and infection control. I felt so bad when I was finished and wasn't even sure of any of answers. I just left it in God's hands. Nevertheless, I tried to the good old person trick and got the "good pop up". I am now awaiting the official results.
Here is a poem for you. http://www.donnarosestewart.com/other/kelfer.html
You are who you are for a reason.
You're part of an intricate plan.
You're a precious and perfect unique design,
Called God's special woman or man.
You look like you look for a reason.
Our God made no mistake.
He knit you together within the womb,
You're just what he wanted to make.
The parents you had were the ones he chose,
And no matter how you may feel,
They were custom designed with God's plan in mind,
And they bear the Master's seal.
No, that trauma of failing you faced was not easy.
And God wept that it hurt you so;
But it was allowed to shape your heart
So that into his likeness you'd grow.
You are who you are for a reason,
You've been formed by the Master's rod.
You are who you are, beloved,
Because there is a God!
NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS. NOW GO GET THAT LICENSE!
thank you so much you are lifting up my spirit as I read your blog I almost cried and get emotional.Im preparing for the most awaited day to take my NCLEX exam.
NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS.NOW GO
GEt THAT LICENSE!! :
- Jul 1, '12 by triemf1007Congratulations!
- Jul 1, '12 by NikkiC213I'm using NCSBN too and heard it's very similar to the boards questions. One of my instructors recommended it so I'm following his advice. Also, all my friends who finished nursing school a few months before me used NCSBN and all passed the first time too! Congrats RN!!!!
- Jul 1, '12 by dabombnurseCONGRATULATIONS on becoming an RN! You made it!
I took the exam the same day as you, June 29 @ 8am. I tried the PVT trick this morning today and it brought me to the credit card section. I felt my heart stop and inside i felt like millions of arrows hit my heart. I was at work and I wanted to cry but somehow there was no tears coming out. I was hurting like I never hurt before. I look up and whisper to myself "WHY"?! What did I do wrong! I wanted my RN license so bad. I NEED it now. I prayed so hard for this. I know I studied so hard. It hurt so bad to know that I failed. I thought I made it. I felt confident in most of my answers and I felt like I did not have a hard time. I am having a difficult time believing that I did not make it until now. I just came home from work and I still could not believe the result. It is not allowing me to view the results yet but then it is allowing me to register an exam, that to me makes sense. I FAILED! I felt like am a HUGE failure right now. I needed strenght and support and that is why I visited this site as I mostly do when I needed a push when I was studying..... I stumbled on your post and I love your poem.Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Jul 3, '12 : Reason: TOS
- Jul 1, '12 by mitralCongratulations! You worked so hard, you deserve it. 'I can do everything through Him who gives me strength' :-) Thanks so much for sharing as well!
- Jul 2, '12 by AheleneLPNYou are simply amazing...
- Jul 2, '12 by leanjessI test on the 16th too!!! I know that creepy feeling that you are lacking on all nursing content! Ha! My strategy is reading ALL content..like I feel like I've forgotten about so much, and I graduated last month (I must have a porous brain!)
But I still have Peds to look into..I suck at Peds and OB. I'm also trying to study everything..I'm scared! I haven't even touched on EKG strips..I'm scared those will appear on my test, and I will have no CLUE at all. LORD, help us!
I wanna reschedule SO bad, but I also want to get this test over with..(I'm losing it!)Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Jul 3, '12 : Reason: quote removed as original removed
- Jul 3, '12 by karen2012Hi Sweety,
Congratulations I am so happy for you.