Lack of confidence. Taking nclex 7/22/13Register Today!
- by Nurse1130 Jul 15Hello everyone, as you can all probably relate- I am nervous and lacking confidence now that my test date is 1 week away. I was hoping to gain some support and words of encouragement from you guys who have recently taken the test and passed. I do at least 50 questions a day, some days 200-250.
My Kaplan scores:
Average Qbank with only 150 to go: 63%
My scores are alright, but I really struggle with SATA. I seem to get every one wrong, which is worrying me a lot.
- Jul 15 by Bloomgirl118SATA are never going to be easy (although I've heard people say it, I will never believe it). I usually tackled them with the true/false method. Ex:
A patient presents with right sided heart failure. What symptoms would you expect to see? (Select all the apply).
2. Peripheral edema
4. Weight loss
I go through each and decide if it's true or false for right sided heart failure.
1 - false. This would be true for left sided heart failure
2 - true. Fluid is backed up in the body.
3 - true. Fluid is backed up in the body.
4 - false. Would see weight gain.
5 - true. The body will try to get rid of extra fluid and help the heart.
So the answer would be 2, 3, 5. I know this is a fairly simple content question but the method is the same for application. And I know you may already do this but if not, I hope it helps.
As for scores - you seem right on target for Kaplan. My instructor told us to shoot for 60+% on QT 5, 6, and 7. I was able to and passed NCLEX with 75 questions.
- Jul 15 by Nurse1130Any other last week before the test study tips?!
- Jul 15 by UCAFblueI just took my NCLEX today and got 75 questions. Your Kaplan scores look great and are overall better than what I had - and as long as the PVT is accurate, I passed. I'm the EXACT same way with SATA questions, always seem to choose one too many or one too few options and feel like it is rare for me to get any right. I had quite a few SATA on the NCLEX, but really feel that if you get a lot of them, there is a good portion of them that have to be the trial questions that don't count against you. Just taking it one question at a time is really the best thing you can do.
Also, I HIGHLY recommend taking a look at the allnurses nclex study guide that is posted on these boards if you haven't already. Good luck!! You are going to do great!!
- Jul 15 by KlofuKaplan has two exams a SATA try those
- Jul 16 by Nurse1130Thank you guys!! Ill definitely look at the study guide!
- Jul 16 by ekamhi everyone
i took my nclex rn 2nd time and failed. i am broken now. i tried my best as i am mom of 2 little kids and my financial situation is not good, so its hard for me to buy those expensive reviews. i just got books from library to review but i couldn't make it again.
my 1st attempt i wasn't familiar with nclex got 101 questions, on 2nd attempt this year july 3rd i got all 265 questions 10-15 SATA 5-6 ECG many question on Central catheter and PICC line, 5-6 on meds which i never heared.
can anyone please help me with review material i am going to do it again after 45days.