Just took nclex! I dont know what to think - page 2
I just took the Nclex.. Not even 30 min ago and I'm just NUMB!!! I don't even know what to think! And I'm so scared to look!!! It stopped at like 103-105... No idea.. Have alot of SATA and priority... Read More
0Quote from californiaboyI don't think any of us truly feel prepared for the NCLEX. I do know that a lot of it is the "I can do this" mentality. I noticed when I was preparing that the closer to the test date the more I checked here for a magic something that would boost me over the top. I texted all of my nurse friends asking for tips they had learned during their prep process. Looking back I can see that I hyped myself up and the test wasn't that bad. It was still horrible though. :-)
Although I've studied really hard, I sometimes feel like I'm not ready for the exam especially now that it's only a couple of days more to go. I am hoping for the best.
These test facts helped me to settle down:
1. The NCLEX has an 87% first time pass rate.
2. You are expected to get half the questions wrong.
3. 15 of the questions will not be graded, they are samples for future tests.
4. You are being tested for safety, the goal is to have a safe entry-level nurse
5. The more SATA questions you get, the better.
6. NO ONE does well on the SATA questions.
7. You graduated from a rigorous program and took hundreds of tests. YOU KNOW THIS STUFF.
8. Lab values on the test will be very high or very low to help you distinguish them.
9. You know what you know.
For me it helped to answer a bunch of questions because knowing what the test is going to be like is half the battle.
My advice for test day:
1. Do not study the day before. I woke up and took one more 75 question test then put everything away.
2. Eat breakfast.
3. Arrive 30 minutes early so you can potty and get a last drink. They will probably take you early which will help with the "lets just get this over with" thoughts in your head.
4. Stretch then put in your earplugs, amazing how much that allows you to focus. I wish I had used ear plugs all through school.
5. Pay attention. Use ninja focus on the first ten questions. If you get the first six right it keeps you well above the line.
6. Take your time but do not dwell.
7. If you see a very similar question as one you had earlier you probably did not answer it correctly so slow down and really look at it.
I actually answered a SATA question with only one answer because I was hurrying. DON'T RUSH.
CaliforniaBoy, you've got this. Be confident, not cocky, and kick that test's ass!!!
0Mar 8, '13 by 2bNdNurse84Yes I did check... took me to the CC page.... I freaking failed again! I'm lost of words. Honestly. This is my freaking 5th times and I studied my ass off and my Kaplan scores were so good... I don't know what went wrong. I'm exhausted .. And mentally drained. I have over exhausted all my books, cd, online sources.... I'm out of words... My friend who took it with me also failed at 275 questions...
0Mar 8, '13 by 2bNdNurse84I had two anxiety attacks during the exam.. But I felt like I had good questions and it shut off at 103... I just don't know anymore... You can get KNOCKED DOWN 1 times and get back up... U GET KNOCKED DOWN AGAIN.. u get back up! But after the 5th times... Ur just numb.. And lost. I got through school. And I know my stuff .. If I was scoring in the 56- 63's in Kaplan... How is this possible?
0Mar 8, '13 by PeppermintPI'm so sorry to hear :-( the best RN I worked with failed 7 times and passed on her 8th time. She is the best RN on the floor and her title says RN, not I took it 8 times RN. Take a few days off to get your mind clear, cry and let it out. Then when you are ready, tackle it again. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
0Quote from FloridaRN84I'm so sorry to hear this. Take a mental health break; when you get your results in the mail you can formulate a new plan. PLEASE do not beat yourself up. There's probably just an area or two that you need to look at. Don't let this be your last try. We are here and we can help you through this. <3Yes I did check... took me to the CC page.... I freaking failed again! I'm lost of words. Honestly. This is my freaking 5th times and I studied my ass off and my Kaplan scores were so good... I don't know what went wrong. I'm exhausted .. And mentally drained. I have over exhausted all my books, cd, online sources.... I'm out of words... My friend who took it with me also failed at 275 questions...
0Quote from PeppermintPWhen I was developing my study plan I learned through an online strategy session with Kaplan that if you can get the first 6 questions right on the test it boosts you way up above the line. Every time I took a practice test I would slow my breathing, be aware of distractions but not give them my attention, then focus on the question with authority and confidence on the first 10 questions. I call this ninja focus. It takes too long to do the entire test this way.What is ninja focus?
I am prone to extreme test anxiety and had to develop a way to overcome it during school. It was so bad at the beginning it was all I could do to stay in my chair during a test. I used meditation techniques to slow my heart rate and find focus.
0Mar 8, '13 by californiaboyQuote from St_ClaireClaire can i pm u something?
I'm so sorry to hear this. Take a mental health break; when you get your results in the mail you can formulate a new plan. PLEASE do not beat yourself up. There's probably just an area or two that you need to look at. Don't let this be your last try. We are here and we can help you through this. <3