Is it voodo or curseRegister Today!
- by kemifair Feb 4I don't believe in curse but I believe someone jings me or something because I am the only that didn't pass in class yet since 2008. I believe God can break that curse. I need lots of prayer from everyone.
- Feb 4 by Glycerine82Maybe you need to change the way you're reviewing. If ya been that long since school I am sure you have forgotten a lot.
"No day but today"
- Feb 4 by Miiki SN5 years later... You may need to enroll in a refresher course.
- Feb 4 by mdmillar80Use ATI---it's what helped me pass the NCLEX. It's great for content. Good luck!
- Feb 5 by Danielle318I will definitely pray for you.Would you even consider a refresher or is it totally out the question? I know you said you know content but a refresher just may help or is there a class or teacher in your area that could teach you strategies? Also are you planning to retest soon.
- Feb 5 by CP2013Quote from Danielle318The OP has said numerous times that they paid to go to school and get a BSN and they don't need a refresher course.I will definitely pray for you.Would you even consider a refresher or is it totally out the question? I know you said you know content but a refresher just may help or is there a class or teacher in your area that could teach you strategies? Also are you planning to retest soon.
If all you want is prayer, seek religious counsel. This forum is about test taking strategies, books, programs, refresher courses, etc.
If you won't take a refresher course
If you won't listen to others who say this book helped
If you adamantly believe you know content
If you know critical thinking is your weakness...IT CAN'T BE TAUGHT OVERNIGHT.
Please understand that somewhere along the way your program failed you. You need to understand the "why" from the content you so adamantly profess to understand. If you know content, and you know the rationales and the "why" then there is nothing you can be taught for NCLEX.
That is essentially what NCLEX is. Why do you do this? Why do you do this first? Who do you assign this task? Which task do you perform first? Assessment and how to gather. The entire nursing process. That is what NCLEX is comprised of, but post after post you affirm you know these things.
Get a private tutor, take a refresher course, or seek religious counsel. No other advice here is going to help you kemfair.
Please remember, God helps those who help themselves and that includes being humble to realize you need more help and seeking out the opportunities to learn even if you don't want to (I.e., refresher course or tutor).
- Feb 5 by CP2013From another thread.....
Quote from kemifairThose are all excellent resources. Use them! This is not be mean or discouraging but if you know content, that's only half the battle. You MUST know how to critically thing. You MUST understand the rationale, the "why" of the answer, if you know that, NCLEX shouldn't be a problem. If you don't know it, then your challenges may be resolved by a refresher course.I've been out of school since 2008 but my brain is fresh. I always used Saunders but since I came to this website, Iv'e heard about exam cram, ncsbn, pda, nclex 3500, kaplan and hurst. It's up to u what u want to use to study but they are all good.
Again no discouraging vibe meant towards you, but obviously your program failed you by not preparing you on how to critically think. You've been working as a CNA for numerous years, correct? Use your RN coworkers!!! Pick their brain as to WHY the patient gets that med. WHY that med is more effective than another. WHY this disease process progresses this way and what it means for your assessment, (nursing) diagnosis, planning for the shift, implementation and intervention and the evaluation of the intervention. Working as a CNA you have endless resources from your facility for nurses, doctors, online resources, paper resources! Use your resources and figure out what you be to do to LEARN HOW TO CRITICALLY THINK since you never mastered it during your schooling.
I wish you the best of luck in your pursuits. God bless you. (I will pray for you but God doesn't do everything for you.)
- Feb 5 by Danielle318Please remember, God helps those who help themselves and that includes being humble to realize you need more help and seeking out the opportunities to learn even if you don't want to (I.e., refresher course or tutor).[/QUOTE]AWESOME advice once I humbled myself & realize I didn't know everything I thought everything started coming together. I'm working with someone who doesn't even have a degree in Nursing but knows strategies & critical thinking skill for standardized test & he's helping me TRENENDOUSLY
- Feb 5 by nowim cleanDo not give up nor become discouraged. You will pass this nclex and one day be on the floor as a nurse. I'd like to suggest to satrt doing 100 questions a day and look at the rationale why the answer is right and the others are incorrect. This will help you more than anything. Start doing this now and schedule your test within the next 4-6 weeks. Do not miss a day of taking questions. You did not get through nursing school by not knowing contenet. Focus on priority, delegation and pharmacology. If you have not done a review consider Hurst or Kaplan. Most important believe in yourself you can do this. If you take my advice I believe you will pass this thing. I know another nurse who had the same issue and I gave them the same advice they listened and now RN is behind their name.
Use sauders nclex review newest edition available at barnes and noble as well as hurst or kaplan,