Infection Control Mnemonics - Page 3Register Today!
- Jun 22, '10 by wannabHishandsAnd don't forget... according to the CDC (and Kaplan, as I found out on my question trainer, and NCLEX, apparently), SARS is now Airborne in many situations, so now My Stupid Chicken Has TB!
- Jul 22, '10 by Natingalebump
- Jul 22, '10 by 9livesRNMay God bless the OP for this thread, this was a blessing!!!! Very useful, had a few questions on that and all I could think was my poor chicken hez tb and the spiderman married mrs wee. That certainly made the difference, and that was the only thing I wrote on my board at the test, amazing, thank you 1 million times, this was supper simple to memorize, learn and remember
- Jul 22, '10 by ikaryuuQuote from wannabHishandsHad a question like this in n3500. SARS is considered both contact and airborne. Its a respiratory infx sooo. I just think of it as sneezing, first all the good stuff flies then landsAnd don't forget... according to the CDC (and Kaplan, as I found out on my question trainer, and NCLEX, apparently), SARS is now Airborne in many situations, so now My Stupid Chicken Has TB!
(correct me if im wrong)
GOOD **** BTW! Taking the nclex in 3weeks!Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Jul 23, '10 : Reason: changed to all ***
- Aug 2, '10 by seijidanSo according to the mneumonics,
contact: gloves, gown?
Others say follow the mneumonics. But other people are saying this and that. So what exactly do you wear when going inside the patients room with these precautions?
CDC both have contact and droplet as same. but according to some, airborne and droplet are gown, gloves, and mask. PLS help passer
- Oct 27, '10 by Petals01Thanks so much for the Infection control mnemonic. I take my NCLEX soon!!!!
- Nov 4, '10 by dumbthank you!!!!!
Im sure this will help many future test takers
- Nov 9, '10 by mb1949Thanks for the clues, I took my NCLEX in August but never got back to thank you for the help, i actually had a few questions this helped me with.
- Feb 3, '11 by missladyrnbump per request
- Feb 4, '11 by mia_09thanks for sharing this info...god bless!!!