I take NCLEX in 3 days am I ready?Register Today!
This is a discussion on I take NCLEX in 3 days am I ready? in NCLEX Discussion Forum, part of Nursing Student ... Hi Everyone, I am scheduled to take my boards for the first time in 3 days. I did take Kaplan...by lilkk13115 Jun 6, '10Hi Everyone,
I am scheduled to take my boards for the first time in 3 days. I did take Kaplan and my scores have been
QT 1 56
QT 2 64
QT 3 58
QT 4 53
QT 5 56
QT 6 60
I am taking QT 7 today.
Any advice. Do you guys think I'm ready? I tend to freak out when I don't know a disease in the question or the medication. I also feel the Kaplan decision tree doesn't help for a lot of the questions, but does help a little. thoughts?
Any responses would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=484075©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,573 Views
- Jun 6, '10 by marcos9999Is good to remember that everyone will have to guess 10-20 % of the test. There is no way to know everything. Just answer the questions to the best of your ability and do it in less than a minute p/question. One important detail is that for those questions you will guess, do it randomly rather than going on a hunch. If you select a question that "seems correct" you might be falling on a trap. Eliminate as many wrong answers as possible and if you have to guess between two or three do it randomly. One good way to make sure you are random is to always select the first question below the last one you have decided is wrong. Good luck
- Jun 6, '10 by KellT1203Thanks for the tip Marcos, I take my test on Wednesday. Good luck lilkk. Let us know how it goes.
- Jun 6, '10 by JbreezyRNdon't freak out because the nclex do not expect you to know everything. like what marlene hurst said in her book, the "nclex lady" thinks that you are a new RN who has only 2 weeks vast of nursing knowledge. its all about putting together everything you learned in nursing school and applying it. so if you encountered a disease or medication that you don't know, just read the question carefully and identify the correct answer thru process of elimination. remember maslows hierarchy? it helps when it comes to prioritizing. Just relax, don't freak out, and if you have time to reschedule and you don't feel ready for the exam yet, then do so. Other than that good luck and I wish you all the best!
- Jun 7, '10 by caliotter3The best person to judge whether you are ready is you. Good luck.
- Jun 7, '10 by SkiingCaitI am also taking the exam on Wed and am so nervous that I am not ready. I know that logically I probably am as I have been studying consistently and doing pretty well on practice exams, I just can't believe that my test date is finally approaching! Good luck to all who are taking the exam in the next few days - and thanks marcos for those tips!
- Jun 7, '10 by KellT1203Good luck to you too. Let us know how you did! Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone.
- Jun 7, '10 by ATAPWGGreat advice given!
- Jun 9, '10 by SkiingCaitLilkk - How did it go!?
I just finished...had 75 questions and finished in just under an hour. Now, the waiting game begins!! Hope your exam went well!!
- Jun 10, '10 by SkiingCaitJust got my results - I passed!! Soooo excited! Hope you did as well!!!