I screwed up - Missing Nclex appointmentRegister Today!
- by equalme Aug 24So I am scheduled to take the nclex-pn this Monday, but meant to reschedule since I am not ready yet. I knew that I had to reschedule within 24 hours of the testing date, but was not aware it was 24 hours on a business day only.
$200 down the drain...
Now I couldn't find a straight answer off of the Texas BON, but I know the current ATT will be invalidated since I am missing the exam...does anybody know if I will have to pay any fees to the BON to request another ATT?
- Aug 24 by Mrsladysoul83I think you have to pay another $200 to pearsonvue to get another ATT. You can find more info on the pearsonvue website
- Aug 24 by equalmeThanks. I was already aware that I have to pay $200 to Pearson. I am trying to find out if I have to pay again to tbon.
- Aug 24 by CT PixieIf you've already got it scheduled and you will have to pay the fee to PearsonVue and possibly your BON if you don't test on Monday, why not just test and see what happens. You may be more ready than you think and might save yourself all that extra money in fees for reapplying etc.
Just my $0.02. If it were me, I'd take the test. Best case senerio, I'd pass and not have to repay, worst case, I fail and have to repay the fees etc.
- Aug 24 by LeeLeeTheGPNWhat's the harm in taking it anyway? In the event that you are unsuccessful, and I pray that you are not, you are already willing to pay to take it again. But I really don't think you should waste your money. You may surprise yourself and pass.
- Aug 24 by eelise11Quote from LeeLeeTheGPNI whole heartedly agree. And make sure you try and concentrate. Don't talk yourself into failure. If you have to use the money either way, try your hardest. Maybe you won't have to take it again.What's the harm in taking it anyway? In the event that you are unsuccessful, and I pray that you are not, you are already willing to pay to take it again. But I really don't think you should waste your money. You may surprise yourself and pass.
- Aug 25 by equalmeAlthough that is encouraging, but I'm definitely sure I'm not ready since I made a 65 on the ncsbn pretest. In addition I work and cannot just take the day off without prior request.
- Aug 25 by kerrynurseQuote from equalmeActually that score is pretty good. I was scoring in the 60-72 on my practice exams also. I took the NCLEX yesterday and passed with 81 questions. I got the 72 on one test that I took. On the Kaplan Q trainers I stayed in the low 60s (58-63) You got this. Your just nervous and that's understandable. However, if you are prepared to repay the fee anyway, I say go for it. Call out sick from work and face your fears. The test was a lot easier than my practice exams.Although that is encouraging, but I'm definitely sure I'm not ready since I made a 65 on the ncsbn pretest. In addition I work and cannot just take the day off without prior request.