I just failed at my first attempt at the NCLEX-RNRegister Today!
- by yoderme Jan 29I just took the NCLEX-RN yesterday and failed. I got the full amount of questions and knew it wasn't going to end well. I'm so stressed because I don't know what to do differently. I studied for four weeks straight 2-6 hours per day. I completed the Kaplan course and felt prepared. Is there anyone out there that didn't pass the first time that can give me advice? I have test anxiety so I know that isn't helping me. I can re-take the exam the second week in March. Please give me advice!
- Jan 29 by helpseekerI have the same problem. I dunno what to do differently I'm trying to answer questions rather than reviewing contents now but I dunno if it's gonna work. I hope so. Hey can I get your email by the way? Just in case my net connection blows up. Hehe., Thanks in advance
- Jan 29 by copelaldFirst of all, don't be discouraged..I failed my first try at 265 and passed second try at 265. In my opinion, the cocktail you need to be successful on the NCLEX is Kaplan Strategies 2012-13, PDA by Lacharity, Saunders review book, and that 35 page study guide floating around on here-that is not endorsed by all nurses in any way shape or form
- Jan 29 by BORI-BSNRNQuote from copelaldWhat is the PDA la charity?First of all, don't be discouraged..I failed my first try at 265 and passed second try at 265. In my opinion, the cocktail you need to be successful on the NCLEX is Kaplan Strategies 2012-13, PDA by Lacharity, Saunders review book, and that 35 page study guide floating around on here-that is not endorsed by all nurses in any way shape or form
- Jan 30 by Lev <3I'm curious to hear how your scores on the Kaplan q trainers and q bank were...
- Jan 30 by copelaldQuote from BORI-BSNRNSorry..it is a book called Prioritization, Delegation and Assignment and the author is Linda Lacharity. It has nothing but those type of questions with a few case study's in the back. Also, the chapters are system bases so like chapter 1 for example would be like med surge, chapter 2 endocrine, chapter 3 maternity..and so on. It really helped me pass second go around so I swear by it. I ordered mine from Walmart.com but you can get it from any online site or bookstore I'm sure.
What is the PDA la charity?
- Jan 30 by BORI-BSNRNThank you copelald, i am going to take the Nclex RN for the second time, I need to pass this test so I did ordered that book the PDA la charity, the Kaplan strategies too, and the saunder comprehensive book also. I hope I can pass this time. Working full time plus studying its so difficult but I have to do this!! Thank you for the clarification And congratulations on passing the second time!!!
- Feb 3 by babyblush143Bori. Cant message you anymore. said that your private msgs has exceeded. We are just 30 mins away. Im here in Gainesville. Omg! msg me soon!!
- Feb 3 by Angie1222Hurst review is awesome. I didn't do very many questions. I just did Hurst online. Good luck!!