I didnt pass my nclex-pn, it was the third try i dont know what to do anymore, help?Register Today!
This is a discussion on I didnt pass my nclex-pn, it was the third try i dont know what to do anymore, help? in NCLEX Discussion Forum, part of Nursing Student ... ive graduated in 2010, i took it the first time in june 2011 didnt pass then dec 2011 didnt pass...by flowervilet15 Sep 5, '12ive graduated in 2010, i took it the first time in june 2011 didnt pass then dec 2011 didnt pass and aug 2012 and again didnt pass. i just kept waiting firs cause i was afraid of taking it and not passing gthen money issues. and now i just keep test practicing but idk what to do if i just keep doing that will it help? i cant afford a course at all so all i have is books and time will that help me? any ideas im not giving up but sometimes its really frustrating cause i only work part time and then i have bills and i just get depress that i can work in what i want cause i cant pass this test.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=781753©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,996 Views
- Sep 5, '12 by jayz1989Have you tried Saunders comprehensive book? Do you need to brush up your content or just test taking strategies?
- Sep 5, '12 by slc05dont get discouraged and dont give up. i think u need to brush up on your content and also, theres a very inexpensive book on amazon.com. its the Kaplan nclex pn 2012-2013 strategies, practice, and review. i think its liek 14 bucks. GREAT INVESTMENT. very cheap! well right now im doing th eonline live kaplan course and got another book. again, dont be discouraged. u need to reroute ur study plan. kaplan is the way to go!!Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Sep 6, '12 : Reason: TOS
- Sep 6, '12 by lyohnkI feel bad for you. Can you go back to the school you went to and get some tutoring? Explain your frustration. It seems if you passed the classes you should be able to pass the test.....
- Sep 6, '12 by mzmaeIt is very hard, I feel for you. I have failed 3x as well. Going into my 4th try. Mind you I graduated about 4 years back. Although I was able to do a remedial course (the state of NJ requires it). its been about 6 months since I took it the third time. Life threw some surprises at me, I know its recommended to retake it right away but the situation I am in prevented me to do so! Now I am back on my feet and ready to do this the fourth and last time.
Anyway, there are some free links to the Feuer live review, i think it is outdated but still efficient. Just browse through the old posts, there are great links that many have shared for those of us with limited funds. My plan is to start fresh. Like it is my first time taking the exam. I have analyzed all my mistakes in the past that made me fail and I WILL pass this exam! So will you, don't loose faith. God is good.
- Sep 6, '12 by 2BnursexoLooks like we are in the exact same position. I too, graduated in 2010, took it 3 times (the 3rd try was April 2012) and failed all 3 times, work part-time, and I have bills to pay. As a matter of fact, I JUST started studying yesterday and I am not letting anything negative cloud my mind. Like mzmae said, "My plan is to start fresh. Like it is my first time taking the exam. I have analyzed all my mistakes in the past that made me fail and I WILL pass this exam!" That's my exact mentality with taking the exam for the 4th time. You're not alone! We are all in this together. Start studying when you feel ready mentally and physically. Of course, the sooner the better. =)
We can do this!
- Sep 6, '12 by mzmaenursexo - You are definately right We can do this! Sometimes all we need is a little encouragement and positive aura. Block out all the negatives.
- Sep 6, '12 by BabetteRumblesIs there a limit on how may time you can take the NCLEX?
- Sep 7, '12 by rozy9494Slc 05 please where can I get the Kaplan live course..I googled but can't find the exact one and how much
- Sep 7, '12 by Assess&Safety1stFlowervilet15, read saundars the entire book front to back, maybe 2 times its all basic content. Read LaCharity, its important to read too, who to see first etc. Maybe try to do ncsbn extlearning you can do 3 week or 5 week course online the price is ok. Kaplan is a lot of $$ monthly. Good luck.
Slco5, did you rec purple PN book from kaplan that was mailed to us? Are you reviewing vid? Qbank? What your % for q bank?