- 0May 29, '06 by LouisianaNurse2006Have you ever heard of anyone failing NCLEX that used Hurst Review? I have heard they are the best. Does anyone know whether the Online Hurst Review is as good as the LIVE Hurst Reveiw? Thanks.
- 0May 29, '06 by analee23I took hurst review and their was a girl in my class that had failed nclex after taking hurst review (she passed the second time due to the huge packet of information they sent her after failing). She admitted to not studying the material offered through hurst very well, but I must say it is a great system and a great way to learn the necessary material and how to take the test properly. I did the live version, but I know people that did it online. Live is better because you can interact and ask questions (and talk through things with a neighbor as they have you do quite frequently during hurst!). Either one would probably work as long as you take notes and study the material!!
- 1May 29, '06 by traumahawk99i've never heard of anyone using the hurst review. honestly, people fail or pass no matter what they do. there is no 100% certainty. it's a matter of taking a course that makes you comfortable.
i personally believe that suzanne's plan is absolutely as good as any review course that you take, and it only requires the saunder's book and cd.. i think it's priced in the 30 to 40 dollar range.. from reading here, suzanne has helped many pass who've failed multiple times. i'd listen to whatever advice she has to give you.
- 1Jun 9, '06 by AnimaniacsThe Hurst Review is a good NCLEX review course. Granted I haven't taken the NCLEX yet, I am about to though in less than 2 months, but I really like the live Hurst review. I am also using the saunders book. I am halfway through it already, and hopefully I can finish it all by the end of june or early july. Afterwards, I'm gonna go over all 200 pages of the hurst review packet they gave us, then practice 100 questions per day for 10 days using the saunders cd.
I guess I will be good to go. For some reason, I have no anxiety about NCLEX, and I am the type of person who always had tachycardia and shakiness when performing nursing skills on a mannequin in front of the instructor.
- 0Jul 7, '09 by chris2009I did the online hurst review and I don't think I would have passed without it. I definitely like the online version because you can do it on your own time and you can rewind it! Plus you get to watch the videos over and over again and help you retain all the info that they teach you. I passed the nclex with only 75 questions!! I watched the videos twice and read through my notes while watching it the second time and then read the notes again.
- 0Jul 7, '09 by Jamie2887The thing with HURST is they guarentee passing if you MASTER the content, meaning the whole book they give to you, simply going to the review does not mean you get the full affect, or even glancing through the book, you must study the book and without a doubt know everything in it. I'm skeptical when I see that people failed who did HURST, I'm wondering if they really put the effort into the course? With that said...my school offered it to our graduation LPN class last summer, so I took it then, and again in May after graduating the RN program, through 2 years of school I could not wrap my head around some content, such as hypokalcemia, hyper, hyponatremia, ect....I knew basically what they are, but as far as remembering which s/s went with which...I was always lost...HURST did a FANTASTIC job outlining these very easy for me, and the Live instructors we had were great. The advantage to doing it online, is you can do it at your own pace and rewind, ect. The CD's are very helpful also, but I admit that the mock exam didnt seem to help, it was nothing like NCLEX (I took it this morning).
- 0Jul 7, '09 by kewlnurse2bQuote from chris2009how long did you study hurst before taking the test?I did the online hurst review and I don't think I would have passed without it. I definitely like the online version because you can do it on your own time and you can rewind it! Plus you get to watch the videos over and over again and help you retain all the info that they teach you. I passed the nclex with only 75 questions!! I watched the videos twice and read through my notes while watching it the second time and then read the notes again.
- 1Sep 25, '09 by LifelongDreamAnother cool thing about Hurst is that if you do the LIVE review, you can attend as many live reviews as you want to without paying again. I attended an accelerated nursing program that was three semesters long and we took the review between the second and third semester. It really helped put things into place and gave us a step up on our classmates! Also, at the end of the year, we didn't have the money to travel to another live review, so we paid the $50 to do the online review and it was the exact same thing with Marlene leading you thorough the book.
I just took NCLEX yesterday. I felt like the majority of the questions I got on NCLEX where in our review! I'll let ya'll know if I passed. According to the Pearson Vue trick, I passed!!!! On the same token, we had another class member that took Kaplan and Hurst and according to the trick, failed. Take it for what you will....