How many times can u take NCLEX RN?
- 0Jul 26, '08 by squier74Hello, I'm new in this site...I did not pass the Nclex for the 2nd time. Does anybody know how many times can you take the Nclex? Live in CA. Thank you for your responds. Congratulations for those who PASS. Good luck on your new career :-) God Bless
- 9,961 Visits
- 1Jul 26, '08 by jadu1106hi~
check ca's bon website, it should state how often and for how long you can retest. here in texas, you can test every 60 days for 4 years from the date of graduation from your nursing school.
i am sorry to hear that you didn't succeed this time. it is discouraging, but don't give up. maybe you should look into suzanne's plan and see if it will suit your needs.
i hope your situation gets better. i wish you well.
- 1Jul 26, '08 by mnknightAt the top of the form to fill out on the Ca BON website, # 3 says that NCLEX has a 45 day retake provision, thats all I could find that could help you out! The texas site says 50 days.. but when you apply your information to retake they won't issue you an ATT until the dates applicable!
- 1Jul 26, '08 by MooPooI sorry to hear that you didn't pass. In florida you can retake even after three failed attempts. However, it has to be a 45 day waiting period and after the third failure you are required to take a remedial course.
Don't give up. I will be taking it a second time soon. I am going to follow Suzanne's Plan. I am currently working on step one.
- 1Jul 26, '08 by suzanne4California is one of the few that has unlimited attempts. Just a 45 day waiting time as well, but my feeling it that it should always be closer to the three months before retesting. One should always prepare as if they never tested before, the questions that you will get will not have anything to do with the previous exams. You also should never start preparation until you get your results.
Most require some type of review program at the minimum before they will let you test.
Best of luck to you, you can get thru this exam.
- 1Jul 26, '08 by SinCityRNQuote from tirhalynI'm registered with Cali too! You can take it as many times as you want, But there's a 45 day retake period before you can test again with each attempt that you fail just like Suzanne said.Hello, I'm new in this site...I did not pass the Nclex for the 2nd time. Does anybody know how many times can you take the Nclex? Live in CA. Thank you for your responds. Congratulations for those who PASS. Good luck on your new career :-) God Bless