Help! want to prepare for Nclex-rn.Register Today!
- by prema5 Apr 2Hello, I am a nurse from another country. I failed Nclex in 2008. I was devastated, didn't know what to do. I was broke financially too, was having family problem so couldnot concentrate to go for exam again. Now, after all these years I am thinking to prepare for exam, but I feel very confused where to start.
I have books from kaplan and saunders( not current version). Will this two book be enough for my review? someone please guide me. Thank you.
- 1,975 Views
- Apr 2 by NurseJTGHello. Although I am not aware of how the new changes will affect the study material presented in Saunders and Kaplan, I do think that Saunders is great for content material. Especially since you have been out of school for some time, it would be best if you took more than a month to prepare for the NCLEX to retain all the content material. It is definitely important to purchase the newest edition so that it reflects the latest test plan. Make sure you are practicing questions as you end up learning a lot of content through the rationales. Good luck to you!
- Apr 2 by prema5Thank You so much for the suggestion. I have a thought of preparing for 1-2 mth because of my study gap. Thank You again, your suggestion is great, will give my best.
- Apr 2 by chikah_dorahim also a foreign nurse. graduated 2010. AND i will be taking nclex on May. I am using kaplan... thats it. and listening to lectures in youtubes. i also read from the very start of each system. right now, im done with respi, cardio, endocrine.. lol.. way way to go.. good luck to both of us! we can do it!
- Apr 2 by melaniedale28fMe too graduated 2010 in the phils.