Help with nclex review - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 23 by itsdebraanneQuote from 1244 rockOkay. well i used NCLEX-RN Cram 3rd Ed (finished a third of the book), Kaplan QBank (finished about 75% of the questions, only did QT6&7 and the sample tests in qbank), PDA (finished all 18 quiz chapters but not the case studies) and ALL my notes from my most amazing instructors ever!!I'm doing RN
oh and for EKGs, on youtube, the user "CobaltGuy1988" explained it so simply. like he breaks the physiology of ekgs way down for me. he has three videos dedicated to ekgs and he's quick to respond to comments!
also go to skillstat.com. they have a game to help you remember rhythms. remember to understand the why part of each rhythm. then once you've understood why, look up each treatment and med. and you're set (:
ps I did Kaplan before my first attempt last October. so that's why I only did qbank and qt6&7 this time around. back then I only watched 25% of their videos and only read the course book PRN. I still do lol forreal tho I couldn't sit still and read that book cover to cover to save my life! I only came to the book when I missed the question. and if I didn't know the content in the stem I just guessed. 60% of the time I was right. and according to Kaplan that meant I'm good. so I took that to the bank. and here I am. 2nd attempt, passed at 86Q. ^__^Last edit by itsdebraanne on Mar 23
- Apr 1 by 1244 rockThanks everyone. I just also purchased the PDA from lacharity and the Saunders book. I read the kaplan strategy book and got a 72 percent out of 265 questions. I hope this is a good start to my studying. I graduate in may and I am just kinda freaking out ;(
- Apr 2 by iamIANEanyone here who took the test today?? April 1, 2013?
- Apr 2 by 1244 rockThanks everyone. I just also purchased the PDA from lacharity and the Saunders book. I read the kaplan strategy book and got a 72 percent out of 265 questions. I hope this is a good start to my studying. I graduate in may and I am just kinda freaking out ;(
- Apr 2 by 1244 rockSo I have the PDA book the Saunders book, kaplan strategies book and ati. You guts think I have the right resources to pass nclex ?
- Apr 3 by 1244 rockThanks. . I'm going to start studying in may.
- Apr 4 by charvaisgIf you don't mind me asking, what is the name of the SATA book and where did you get it? I'll be graduating in May and looking for one of those books.
- Apr 4 by charvaisgQuote from MadeNewIf you don't mind me asking, what is the name of the SATA book and where did you get it? I'll be graduating in May and looking for one of those books.Hi, my school uses Kaplan. We have used it all through the program just like you use ATI in yours. They have just given us access to the Qbanks and question trainers test. They have a method called the "Decision Tree" to help you analyze the questions. I graduate in May also, and so far I had been doing the Kaplan Focused Reviews and Saunders. But I really liked the decision tree method. It gave me a method to making the correct answer choice if i wasnt sure what I should pick. There is also two kaplan books free for download on Kindle. You can find them on amazon. #1 is Kaplans Basics book, its green. #2 is Kaplan RN Coursebook, its brown. These two are really helping me as well. You can download Kindle for PC to see these books. I have access to ATI and have done some of the test on there. When I compare both I feel Kaplans questions make you go further in your critical thinking, but teaches you all you need to know in the rationals. I hope this helps. Oh I also bought the RN book off the " Ready to Pass" website. It sounds like a lot but really its not. I use Saunders to review content I'm not sure about, and Kaplan and ATI to do practice questions on different levels. I found this website and used her advice and bought one of the SATA books for one cent. NCLEX Review Quizzes, Exams, Questions and Resources Good Luck, from one May 2013 graduate to the Next.Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Apr 4