Good pop up after NCLEX... now on hold... ?!?!?!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Good pop up after NCLEX... now on hold... ?!?!?! in NCLEX Discussion Forum, part of Nursing Student ... Hi everyone! My first experience with NCLEX was TERRIBLE. I Tested saturday 06/30 at 8 AM... or I...by Sarah922 Jul 1, '12Hi everyone!
My first experience with NCLEX was TERRIBLE.
I Tested saturday 06/30 at 8 AM... or I was supposed to.
I live in Baltimore and we got hit with a pretty nasty storm friday night around midnight which resulted in power outages everywhere!!!!
The morning if my test i was unable to print my ATT because we had no power, I was thankful that my phone charge made it thru the night, and I didnt oversleep. I thought well im going to pearson, they issue the ATT they should be able to look it up or something, these are extreme circumstances, and I am not wasting my money Im gonna atleast try!
I got to pearson early and the representitive was very rude and said no I couldnt print it there. I explained the circumstance.. she wouldnt budge. Finally she gave me the adress of a place 8 miles away and said I should be able to print there I asked her if I didnt make it back before 8 what would happen ( it was about 7:40 at this point) she said as long as I was back by 8:30 id be okay. ( i know rules are rules) So I drove to the place she gave me and no power anywhere surprise! By this time I was in hysterics I drove past a Nursing Home and thought They will have power! Theyre priority! and they did! but internet was down so they couldnt help me. Along the road I stopped in a dental office. same story internet down. I was barely keeping it together and went back to pearson ( about 8:20) I begged the representitive ,nobody had power and if they did internet was down. I begged her to let me print there and she said their policy is not to use to computers for personal use, I tried to reason with her she wouldnt budge. I tried to show her on my phone the email, read her my ATT number anything, I even asked her due to the circumstances could she call somebody and verify over the phone my ATT name, etc. she refused and she said my best advice is for you to drive back home and bring it back, I told her its 8:30, i live a half an hour away by the time i get back it will be 9:30 will she even let me test? she said shed have to call someone and verify i could have a late start. I asked her if she could do that before I went home to make sure, she said no. I drove home, by some miracle my power was back on I printed my ATT and got back there as fast as I could. I got there around 9:20 and she allowed me to test. ( DIDNT CALL ANYONE BTW)
I tested got 75 Q in about 50 minutes and shut off. I tried the PVT trick about 10 times yesterday got the " good pop up" every time. I check again today and it tells me my results are on hold. As if yesterday wasnt enough anxiety.
I checked the boards and I only used one white board, didnt write before the test. I did scratch something out for a dosage question because I wrote the question wrong, and by scatch out I mean wide scribbles, you could still see what i origianlly wrote under it.
I didnt take any breaks. The only other weird thing is i dropped the marker cap on the floor and picked it up.
Has anyone gotten the " good pop up" and then results on hold?! im so confused and anxious!
oh and the maryland board of nursing look up a licensee is down with a messge saying due to the storm look up a liscensee in unavailable at this time. go figure right.
any ideas?! im desperate
BTW I posted a short version of this earlier on the PVT does it really work pt3. but i felt this was more appropriate. sorry for being in two places!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=751811©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,774 Views
- Jul 1, '12 by clewi102I know your frustrations because I'm also experiencing them. I tested at the baltimore location on saturday as well, and my results have been on hold since then. The MBON website does not work either, but don't worry I think there's a delay due to the storm.
- Jul 1, '12 by JustBeachyNurseIn your situation the 'unusual' circumstance seems to be the storm. There may be issues in sending the results electronically from the test site to the PV mainfraime.
For now, hurry up and wait. Maybe MD BoN will have some informtion tomorrow regarding this unique situation.
- Jul 1, '12 by Sarah922Ugh I hope so. I'm just mind blown because I got the good pop up all day yesterday and now it's changed!
- Jul 1, '12 by JustBeachyNurseI'd have been mindblown by my service experience at the center never mind not having the hard copy of my ATT. Which to me seems almost silly since they only checked mine they didn't take the copy I brought....Hang in there. Hopefully power is restored and the system backups will run overnight and all will be better in the morning.
- Jul 1, '12 by CTXRNI'm sure you'll be fine, good luck!
- Jul 2, '12 by MissHaleyDawnI hope you left a bad exit survey when you left. When I tested, the man at the desk barely looked at my ATT. He just read my name out loud from the ATT and then read and looked at my picture on my driver's license. After taking my test photo for the center and palm scanning, the ATT was chucked into a locker with my other things.
Surely in light of unique circumstances such as that the woman shouldn't have been so uptight. I would have been so frustrated I probably would have told her to pull that stick out of her a$$. But kudos for staying so calm - and to finish in less than an hour!!
Surely the discrepancy is because of the storm.
- Jul 2, '12 by AspiringRN2bI am sure you will be fine and all the best with your result.I really want to say you did great job by staying so calm after all that happened before the exam.Some test centre people are so annoying as i have been to more than one testing centre here in NY.You really deserve the best.
- Jul 2, '12 by justinpark09My god. How could that lady be so heartless ... But you did a very good job. I think you should be fine. Do not worry too much. Congrats on passing the test.
- Jul 2, '12 by mortegood critical thinking on trying to obtain the print out needed. speaks well to your ability to work under pressure!