Failing the NCLEX a second timeRegister Today!
- by mabez Mar 22Hello Guys,
I just received my results and I failed a second time. The first time I knew I failed because all of my questions were geared to the infection control topic. I remember it was the worst feeling ever walking out of the testing center and calling your friends that had already passed. I did the pearson trick and obviously got the bad pop up. I gave up on my studies and was so sad and angry at myself. My friend kicked some sense in me. I studied a second time. This second time I used the Kaplan book along with the saunders book. I felt more confident and thus signed up to take the exam a second time. This second time around my quesions were all priority questions, however I felt more confident. I did not do the pearson trick because I have really bad anxiety. I woke up today, checked and guess what? I failed again. Now Im devastated. I bought the hurst review book, also received a studying plan from my friend. Failing a first time was bad, failing a second time feels worst. Any suggestions?
- 4,653 Views
- Mar 22 by Success2011Don't give up....i passed on my third try using the Hurst review online course... If you have the funds, sign up for the course. They are really good. Remember passing nclex involves preserverance. Keep your head up and you will make it. Good luck and God bless..
- Mar 28 by mabezI have been researching some studying plans and have come across a plan that states to do saunders review questions on the book. If the average is less than 70, then you will read the chapter. However, my friend passed her first time around. She did use saunders and told me to review both right and wrong questions and then just read in the chapter the pages related to those questions you got wrong.
I recently bought the hurst review book, and so far it is giving me reassurance that I will pass the next time. I hope this helps.
And as far as study group, we can motivate each other!!!
- Mar 28 by GrandNurse1908Quote from mariah09AMEN! You can and will do it. I'll be praying for you!Same here just failed nclex but im determined to pass.. Failure will only happen when we stop believing we can do it and achieve our goals,not making it for the first and second is just a test how tough we can be.. Dnt give up.. Our goals will surely happen..
- Mar 29 by brittanyka28Do you try to focus on rationales when you do questions? Don't give up!
- Mar 29 by RN2BEESOONYou can do it. I've failed twice so I know exactly how you feel. I'm testing & even with the changes I feel more confident this time around