Failed Nclex RN, any tips!!!Register Today!
- by Kahmi Jul 30I took the nclex exam last weekend and I did the Pearson trick and it took me to the cc page. Right away I knew I have failed. My CA BRN does not do quick result so I had a horrible weekend. Until today, I have not seen my name on the BRN web page. Its obvious that I failed. I had 75 questions on the exam and it took me a little over 2 hours to finish. My questions were all over the place with more 10 SATA. When that screen turned blue at 75 I cried my eyes out because I wanted more to prove myself. I did Kaplan, Saunders Review 4th ed., and the LeCharity book on prioritization, delegation etc.
I really put all I got on this exam but I guess it was not good enough. Please I need some advice on how to go about it. I plan to take it in September!!!! I pray God help me!!! I am shattered and don't know what went wrong. Please help.
- Jul 30 by NSALVADOREDo you have test anxiety?
- Jul 30 by night_owl_rnSorry to hear about how you are feeling. I took the exam too yesterday and it was nerve wracking. Walked out of the testing center almost certain that I failed. I did the PVT numerous times till today but I got the pop up. But still, I don't feel like I should be celebrating since I might get false positive. Has it happened to anybody? I don't know.
Anyway, lately I've been reading people posting about doing the PVT, going straight to CC part but then they find out they passed!!! So just hang in there. PVT is just a trick.
- Jul 30 by busparI wish you all lucks but whatever happens, do not give up
- The only time I experienced anxiety was when my finger prints were being taking. Once I sad for the exam I was fine. My questions were all over the place. Any tips on how to study?
- Jul 31 by tnicole57It can be very devastating to think/know that you fail but have faith; you may have passed! However, if you fail, you may want to practice testing strategy and review content. I recommend Home - NCSBN Learning Extension. They are directly NCSBN, NCLEX. There questions are very similar to NCLEX since they wrote the program (i believe). If you can commit to it, you will pass. Good luck and keep the faith, you may not even need it. Take care
- Jul 31 by closetoyou21How confident did you feel about the questions when you chose your answers? Were you familiar with the content?
- I was confident on most part of the exam. But I got some really easy stuffs that I never reviewed. I got a lot on postmortem, peds and EKG. I think my test taking strategy is not good.
- Jul 31 by snuraerI took the exam 45 days ago and failed. the PVT works in my opinion. i don't know anyone who was sent to the CC screen and still passed... i hope you did but i don't want to set you up for disappointment... trust me i heard all the same things when i went to the CC screen. buuuuuut i have turned my disappointment into determination. i took the HURST live review and online material and feel a heck of a lot more confident! i highly recommend it!!! keep us updated on what happens and remember you can always take it again!!!