FAILED NCLEX-PN (1st Attempt)Register Today!
- by Nurse2bT Nov 19, '12I just took NCLEX-PN this past saturday (Nov. 17th) and found out this morning that I FAILED!! I am so hurt!! I feel awful! I feel that I tried my very best, never thought I would fail the exam!! The test was pretty hard...but I was working my way through each question as best as I could. I received all 205 questions. My questions was a mixture of multiple choice and select all that apply, and just a few medication calculations. I've already looked into re-taking the exam. In order to re-take I have to pay $319 and wait a min. of 45days. I'm going to re-take it!! I used Saunders 4th edition book with the CD included. Is there any other preparation tools I should use this go round? PLEASE help me!!! Thanks!
- Nov 19, '12 by NursingBroI am using kaplan qbank at the moment. Did the test have meds or definitions you never heard of?
- Nov 19, '12 by Assess&Safety1stHello I am sorry to hear that.
That happened to me first time with full 205 questions and I just did VATI.
Second time I paid for NCSBN ext learning and Kaplan live class and question bank. I also read 35 pages from allnurses study guide. I read Saunders green book 3 times entire book.
Its all about questions and rational.... make sure you do 200 questions a day. Take few hours to study your weak areas etc OB or drugs.
Good luck to you
- Yes, there were a few meds that I've never heard of.
- me too. I took the exam on Nov 16, I just found that i failed for the second time. I had so many SATA and 4 math q's, atrial fib , so many priorities questions. for me it actually timed out. anyways I dont know wat to sa, study even harder, find out your weakest links. good luck. please update or if you have any strategies that worked. Thanks for all your help. god bless.
- Nov 19, '12 by tawkus2003I am sorry to hear that. I took my exam on the 7th and until now I don't know the result. How come you get the result so fast? What state are you in? I used Kaplan's reviewer and REA question cards. I think Kaplan teaches a very good strategy of how to choose the best answer when you are not familiar with the question.
- Did you feel like Kaplan helped better than Saunders?
- tried the pearson vue trick.
- i used both
- Quote from tawkus2003I am sorry to hear that. I took my exam on the 7th and until now I don't know the result. How come you get the result so fast? What state are you in? I used Kaplan's reviewer and REA question cards. I think Kaplan teaches a very good strategy of how to choose the best answer when you are not familiar with the question.
I did the pearsonvue trick and I also went to my board of nursing site (florida)