Failed NCLEXRegister Today!
- by Joce09 Jul 13, '12Hey everyone, I took my NCLEX last week and I didn't pass. It was so difficult! I got a ton of SATA, it seemed like every other question was SATA! I received 250 something questions. I used the online Hurst review for about two weeks. Hurst is great with content information but in my opinion it did not prepare me for the questions I received on NCLEX. I went to Barnes and noble yesterday and purchased a couple books. Hopefully they are helpful (we'll see when I take the boards again on August 21st) I have started reading the Exam Cram which is a "Pearson" book. So far it's pretty good, I've already seen one question similar to a question I got on the NCLEX. I also bought the illustrated NCLEX review by Jo Carol Claborn, if your a visual learner I recommend it because it has drawings of people with a disease and funny ways to remember your content. I've been seeing people post about LaCharity. I Want to buy that book but is it worth it? How many questions should I be reviewing per day? I want to follow a strict study routine. Please give me some feedback
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=757073©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,287 Views
- Jul 13, '12 by Mya2bRNAww, I'm so sorry to hear that. I test next week so all I can do is share with you what I've been using. My main resource is Kaplan. Kaplan questions are hard and from what I've been told by all of my classmates who've taken NCLEX thus far, Kaplan was either harder and/or most comparable to NCLEX. I'm also doing Hurst. I needed a good and concise content review, which Kaplan doesn't provide. I think Hurst is good in that sense, but I definitely don't know if it is enough. Even their practice tests are pretty easy and straightforward - doesn't really compare to Kaplan. So, while I haven't tested yet, I do think Kaplan is valuable. I've been doing Kaplan, Hurst, Lacharity, and the study guide that floats around here (also have saunders on my ipad and will do questions when I'm out on the go.....but even Saunders questions are pretty simple and content based as opposed to application based). Do you know your weak areas? Also, did you give yourself enough time to study? There are a lot of valuable threads on this site with tips and study plans. But remember what works for one may not work for the next, so it's best to know how you learn best and go from there. Wish you all the best this next go around!
- Jul 13, '12 by Joce09Thanks for the advice, I will definately consider purchasing kapplan. I have a friend that took her boards yesterday and studied only Kapplan and she passed. I feel like I rushed to take it because I wanted to get it over with and I wanted it sooooo bad. This time if I feel like I'm not ready I'm going to reschedule. I had a lot of priority questions, who would the nurse see FIRST. And a lot of infection control, and a lot of pharmacology.
Good Luck to you on your NCLEX! And thank you again for the advice I really do appreciate the feedback
- Jul 13, '12 by Mya2bRNNo problem! And thanks for the well wishes! And definitely get the Lachirty book as well - great for priority, assignment and delegation! It's a setup like a workbook full of questions pertaining to each system.
- Jul 15, '12 by JENURSE03I am so sorry to hear! Hurst is good. Kaplan is good for strategies.
- Jul 15, '12 by mrav16I took mines too did not get a good pop up i don't know if i still have the courage to take another test again i did what i have to do, i am giving up... I was getting all the sata delegationas and prioritization it stops @ 90 question I was not able to finish my time. I am so depressed to and felt no hope anymore.
- Jul 15, '12 by Joce09Quote from mrav16Don't give up! I was upset too but you have to move on and try again... I'm so happy I have gotten over failing. I feel like I know where I went wrong and I'm going to study as much as I can and take it again August 21st. I took it July 3rd.I took mines too did not get a good pop up i don't know if i still have the courage to take another test again i did what i have to do, i am giving up... I was getting all the sata delegationas and prioritization it stops @ 90 question I was not able to finish my time. I am so depressed to and felt no hope anymore.
And come on, 45 days is already going by so quick. All you can do is hope for the best and try again. Don't be too upset
- Jul 15, '12 by NurseMaricelI'll be taking mine next month and i am doing Hurst Content and kaplan for the qbank + that Lacharity prioritization and delegation. Hope it will work.
- Jul 15, '12 by Joce09Quote from NurseMaricelI just got Kapplan. Does Lacharity have questions? I will be buying that book because I've had a few people recommend it. Do you do a certain amount of questions a day?I'll be taking mine next month and i am doing Hurst Content and kaplan for the qbank + that Lacharity prioritization and delegation. Hope it will work.
- Jul 15, '12 by nmama218Kaplan is definitely worth it! i used Kaplan and passed with 76 questions. U guys can do it!
MRAV16- DONT GIVE UP! You've come too far to give up now!
JOCE09, August 21st will be your day!!