congratulations!!! to all new RNs .my exam in MARCH. please i need your advice.
- 0Jan 21, '13 by davi000hi everybody, any advice welcome. new RNs please help me with your experience.my exam on MARCH 9th. how can i study to pass the RN. i had my kaplan review online 6 months before. but that time i was not really ready to take it. look like i was just playing with it i dont remember my score.just wasted my money i didnt have time to study. so in august i got mayann hogan 2nd edition. i completed it my score is 50 - 60 %. i am doing saunders review 5th ed. score 60-70%. NCLEX 4000 55%. i have done 4 exam cram practice tests scores in order 70%, 66%, 68%,65%. PLEASE PLEASE give me your ideas what i should i do now. i really want to pass this is my 2nd time .if you think i can buy any review. i heard almost everybody had kaplan. i can buy kaplan . hurst, NCSBN . or i should buy two.
please give me your advice. THANKS A LOT.
- 1,113 Views
- 0Jan 21, '13 by killerbeeI also taking the exam on march I did La Charity PDA, read the 35 page notes that came from this forum (SPIDERMANN), currently finishing Mary Ann Hogan (I like this book questions are really like the nclex) I have the same scores, I did Hurst video and im planning to do Kaplan and NCSBN questions on feb just to exercise myself before the exam date.
- 0Jan 21, '13 by kemifairQuote from killerbeeIs mary hogan a good book? My sister brought it for me and I didn't like it.I also taking the exam on march I did La Charity PDA, read the 35 page notes that came from this forum (SPIDERMANN), currently finishing Mary Ann Hogan (I like this book questions are really like the nclex) I have the same scores, I did Hurst video and im planning to do Kaplan and NCSBN questions on feb just to exercise myself before the exam date.
- 0Jan 22, '13 by begoshQuote from davi000Hogan was my primary resource and passed on 2nd attempt with 88 questions. I could NOT for the life of me, read thru Saunders. I also used nclex 4000 in study mode...by system and categories. I made sure to answer 50% of total questions if more than 200. If a section had 200 or less questions, then I answered all...over and over.Good luck with your studies!for me looks better than others. more difficult but more details. if you read this one before any other book. you will feel other books easier. this is my concern. i dont know how other feel.
- 0Jan 22, '13 by killerbee@davi000 - I get around 50%-60% too with the chapters I've done. Im still thinking which one to get but its either the on-demand online plan or the qbank online. I have been doing 2-3 chapters of the book everyday after work and im half way through. Yeah lets do this!
@kemifair - I like it better than saunders, but I think it depends on your learning preferences. Plus the questions are very thought provoking I always ended up in 2 choices that are so close.
- 0Jan 22, '13 by davi000killerbee, i enrolled today ncsbn 4 wks. it is just ok .software is not good. there is no time clock when i doing questions, too slow to go to next ques. not easy to review wrong question. but it is ok to get more exam type questions for $100 still worth it. i did pretest 150 ques. score only 51% . then i did lesson 1 .there is 20 ques. i have 60% . after review wrong ones retook same i got 80% .more than 10 ques.was same i just reviewed it. anyway this made me happy. NCSBN wants more than 75%to pass.
i think you are doing good. 50-60 not bad. we still have 1 month. if we can make about 70% before exam. i think we will be fine. but less than that will make me really nervous.just pray to GOD for everyone who is working hard to study , taking care of family ,work and there is lot of sacrifice behind it. so GOD PLEASE, PLEASE HELP US.