you have give Morphine sulfate 4mg IV to a client who has an acute MI. when you evaluate the client's response 5 mins after giving the medication, which of these indicates a need for immediate further actions?
1. the blood pressure decreases from 114/65 to 106/58 mm Hg.
2. the respiratory rate drop from 18 to 12 breaths/min.
3. the cardiac monitor indicates sinus rhythm at a rate of 96 beats/min.
4. the client still has chest pain at level of 1(on a scale of 0 to 10)
anyone who can help me find the right answer?
and why ?
4. bcoz goal for morphine sulfate is to eliminate pain. other answer just show assessments of its side effects. Ive just encountered this same question during my review.
Last edit by killerbee on Nov 17, '12