OK I know this sounds stupid but I have a friend that gets really freaked out before big tests like finals, HESI, NCLEX, and usually we get together and a few days before I start throwing out random facts at her. On 2 different tests she said the only way she got several questions was from the random facts that I threw at her that she never would have thought of!
SOOOOO..... I thought that if yall wanted to do this we could get a thread going and try to throw out 5 random facts or "things to remember". NCLEX is coming and the more I try to review content the more I realize that I have forgotten so......here are my 5 random facts for ya:
OH and BTW these came from rationales in Kaplan or Saunders no made up stuff:
1. A kid with Hepatitis A can return to school 1 week within the onset of jaundice.
2. After a patient has dialysis they may have a slight fever...this is normal due to the fact that the dialysis solution is warmed by the machine.
3. Hyperkalemia presents on an EKG as tall peaked T-waves
4. The antidote for Mag Sulfate toxicity is ---Calcium Gluconate
5. Impetigo is a CONTAGEOUS skin disorder and the person needs to wash ALL linens and dishes seperate from the family. They also need to wash their hands frequently and avoid contact.
oh ohh one more...
Vasopressin is also known as antidiuretic hormone
OK your turn....
Jun 7, '08
Can we say STICKY!!!!
This is great because alot of times just knowing a little bit about something will help you make that crucial link! I'll come back for my five, I just wanted to say something silly about the hyperkalemia thing.
My lil trick: I think of a cartoon banana (K) waving under a t
And also w/Vasopressin think DIABETES INSIPIDUS!!!!
Last edit by LittleWing21 on Jun 7, '08