40 to 50 Select All That Apply Questions on NCLEX....FREAKING OUT!Register Today!
- by Trilldayz,RN BSN Jun 1, '11I just came back from taking the NCLEX... OMG I want to cry. The computer stopped at 165 questions and I got soooo many random questions, drugs i've never seen before, etc. (I was expecting those....still felt like I didn't do well, but I expected those) But what completely killed any shred of confidence I did have were the massive amount of SATA questions I got!!!!!! I got NO hotspot question, NO audio question, NO "put these in the right order" questions, etc. I got like 4 math questions but at least 40 to 50 (maybe 35 to 50) SATA questions!!!!! There were several times that I would get them sporadically, and then I would get 4 to 6 in a row!! Now SATA questions are probably the worst questions to get....you can miss one, get it all wrong...or choose only 1 more and it's wrong. I just KNOW I got tons of those wrong! Now I know the computer grades more on those type of questions. Do you think that will be held against me??? I just got so many of them that I just felt like for the amount of those I must have gotten wrong, it's not a good thing....and I could possible fail because of it. I feel horrible and a little angry at my "luck". What are your opinions?
- I took mine today and got a TON of those, too. I got 75 questions, thank GOD, because I was about ready to throw up. I didn't get a single math question, got 2 put these in the right order questions, and lots and lots of SATA. Only 3 pharm questions. So strange...
Anyway, I feel your pain. Did you do the PVT? I did and got the good pop up. Maybe give that a try to ease your mind?
- I've been avoiding doing it, in all honesty. Kinda scared to do it. But I will do it now... Any clue on when I might get the real result??? Unbelievable.... This sucks.
- Does your state do the quick result thing were you can pay $8.00 48 hours after taking it and see the results? Otherwise I have no clue how long it takes to see the official results....hopefully not long!
- Jun 1, '11 by rntugladI know exactly how you feel! I took my NCLEX today also. I know I had over 20 SATA questions! My test cut off at 75 and I've told my hubby that I honestly don't know if there is anyway I passed. I knew I'd get 2 or 3 SATA, but after 5 or so, I started keeping up with it. I had 18 AFTER I started counting. I also had 3 math Calc questions. I started freaking out and got to a point where my concentration was gone. I feel like I got screwed on this test also b/c it had so little to do with the majority of nursing. I had no maternity, no peds, no DM, no cardiac & no lab values, only a handful of pharm questions. However, I had A TON Of nursing staff management questions, not management of patients, but actually nursing staff and delegation to AP's and LPN's. I also had a lot of psych. I feel horrible about this test . Honeslty, I think the psych questions will be all that allow me to pass b/c they are the only ones I feel confident about.
Edited to add: I did the PVT and did get the good pop up. I hope it's right!
- I agree. I thought it was much, much different than I thought it would be.
- Yes, ours does (Im in Tx). Just did the Trick and I got the good pop up though.... I'm sure it has to be pretty accurate though (I sure hope so!!!!!!!) I'm assuming it is fairly accurate, based on the statistical amount of people that it worked for. But we all know it's isn't legit until Texas says it's legit.
- rntuglad--- Are you sure we didn't get the exact same test?! (Although I got SO MANY more SATA questions). And I got like maybe 10 to 14 pedi, OB, and nursery questions COMBINED! I got a ZILLION infection control questions as well.... like almost half the test it seemed like.