3 week countdown to the NCLEX!Register Today!
- by Ct0706Rn Jun 17, '12Hey all, I'm brand new to the forums here... but I've been reading many of the stories and wanted to post up my plan and post test scores. I signed up to take the test July 6th so my times running short!
Study material: Saunders Comprehensive Review NCLEX-RN, I'm still waiting for my LaCharity book to come in the mail, and NCLEX 3500.
My plan is to cover at least a unit per day in sanders and take the post test at the end of each section. I'm currently on the cardiac chapter. After covering a topic in Saunders I take the pract test on NCLEX 3500 as well.
My scores on almost each practice test have been between 65%-75% which makes me a little nervous. Iíve taken three exams on NCLEX 3500 and my scores were:
Test one (MEd surge-75Q)- 60%
Test two (Med surge-100Q)-64%
Test three (Med surge-75Q)-67%
With time quickly running out any thoughts or advice on improving my study plan would be extremely helpful! I have a position as a GN now, and I start that 3 days after my boards so I'm really hoping I'll be going in right away as an RN!
Good luck everyone!
- Jun 17, '12 by JENURSE03mine is two weeks! so nervous. good luck!
- Jun 17, '12 by ScarlettzI am also taking my NCLEX on July 6th! I have the Saunders book and enjoy the content. But, I have only read a few chapters thoroughly. I took a Kaplan review course and the instructor recommended us using Kaplan only so that we would not get get confused by alot of different stuff. So now I am debating whether to continue on with Saunders. I think I might go back and read the chapters of some troubled areas for me.
Some things I have been doing now:
-I have been reading the Kaplan RN content book and watching the videos on each category (Pharm, Psychosocial, Physiological, Health maintenance, etc.)
-I have been doing QBank questions from Kaplan site and reading the rationales for each. I only have about 150 left in my bank.
- I divided the drug classes up and reviewing a little each day- the main side effects for each class.
-I have been noting topics and drugs that seem to pop up alot in the QBanks and trying to read about different topics each day - hip replacements, TB, etc.
-I completed an alternate format book by Lipincott.
Try not to worry about the scores so much. Just make sure that you are learning from the questions and reading all the rationales. Alot of people seem to like the LaCharity book on here. I wanted to pick that up, too, but I worry I will hve too much material and get overwhelmed!
Good luck! May July 6th be our day!
- Jun 18, '12 by Ct0706RnCheers to that! I just got my Lacharity book in the mail, and all the answers for the questions are highlighted! Not much of a help so I'm going to try and return it and get another ASAP. I was also thinking of getting the Qbank from kaplan, but with the time we have left and the cost of the bank not sure if its worth it?
- Jun 18, '12 by copelaldI too will be testing on 7-6! My study plan includes Hurst Review, the 2012-13 Kaplan book/cd and 2010 Saunders cd. Best of luck to all of us!
- Jul 5, '12 by Ct0706RnHey everyone, just thought I'd thro up some of my latest test scores since I'll be getting up at 8am tomorrow to take this bad boy! I took a nice long motorcycle ride today to keep my head off the test.. for the most part. I did squeeze in about 50 more questions and looked over labs once more. Over the last two weeks I managed to take 6 of the 7 kaplan QTrainer tests with the following scores:
Test 2: 63%
Test 3-: 61%
Test 4: 60%
Test 5: 58%
Test 7: 56%
I didnt get a chance to take test one. Based on these scores I feel like its a coin toss tomorrow, but we'll see! I'll post up as soon as I get my results! And I'll definetly be doing the pearson vue trick.. ha
- Jul 7, '12 by AheleneLPNCongratulations nurse!!!!!!!
- Jul 7, '12 by oztizz184congrats!!!