24 hrs post NCLEX examRegister Today!
This is a discussion on 24 hrs post NCLEX exam in NCLEX Discussion Forum, part of Nursing Student ... Today is tough , the reality has set in and my nerves and anxiety is up the roof !Yesterday I felt...by molivas26 Jul 18, '12Today is tough , the reality has set in and my nerves and anxiety is up the roof !Yesterday I felt better probably because I numbed my emotions with alcohol .
My exam was July 17th at 8 am. Started my day at 5 am , showered , and my husband and I went to breakfast at Denny's . Was in my car by 620 , no traffic had my GPS set up ,which was encouraged by my husband. I get to the city , following the GPS , darn thing had me going in cirlcles, telling me I had arrived to my destination and had me in a neighborhood full of houses...??? Luckily my husbad had also printed me directions which I now was looking at , and of course were the correct directions. Same street just on the opposite side , so was not far from the test center, thank god ! It was now 715 , so I made sure I could visually see the test center to make sure I was at the right spot Went back to my car , spoke to my husband told him I had arrived , and now took a deep breath , started to review last minute Labs and formula's. 740 , I decided to go into test center to check in , and get the show on the road! After all the check in process , which they take very serious, to ensure that you are the correct person and that no cheatting occurs.
Now is the time which I have been preparing for , approx 3 months of studying ; saunders book with 2 q&q review cd's. Deep breath , said a prayer , ready set GO! Two hrs in , I take my scheduled break im at aprox... 67 I cant remember ... Went to the bathroom , had a snack (apple ) and h20. 10 min later , re- focused went back into battle... Next thing you know 40 min later BAM ... computer shuts off .. I didn't even know the number I was at .... Totally was not expecting that to happen !I was so focused on the question . I had planned for the 5 hrs 205 questions. I was done, my emotions were all over the place.. The guy that escorted me out , asked me the number I was at , my response to him was ,that I had no idea! He goes ,well you are smilling , but honestly ,I was in shock ! I still am ! He goes well we like to think around here that a low # is good...Im like well I had to be at least 85 , no more than 100, omg!! I felt the questions to be what I had studied, i didnt feel as if I bombed it ... But the low number in questions has me so worried !! I cant help but to be my worst critic . I dont know how to feal , I just cant help but think if I failed why I didnt get another opportunity to redeem myself... Can I honestly have gotten almost all the questions wrong ??? I can't seem to think I did very well... 48 hrs I will know !! I dont understand why they put us through this , we should get our results instantly !
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=759523©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 532 Views
- Jul 18, '12 by mommyof2TeesI'm sure you did fine. Have you tried the Pearsonvue "trick"?
- Jul 20, '12 by rayshettabrownI clearly remember that experience,I took my test w my best friend..she was on one side of the room and I was on the other. It shut off after the 85th question and I sooo nervous,lol!!! Two days later I checked from the job and found out I passed!!! Everyone was screaming for me and sooo happy..my best friend passed too!!! I bet you did just fine!!!
- Jul 20, '12 by molivas26Thanks ! I did the pearson vue trick and got the good pop up . I still dont know 100% so keeping my fingers crossed !
- Jul 20, '12 by OnlybyHisgraceRNYou passed, Congrats!! Min. questions, positive PVT. You did it!!!!
- Aug 2, '12 by molivas26I PASSED !!! Thank you GOD !!!
Thanks to everyone !!!!
- Aug 2, '12 by Nurse2bKimberlyCongrats!