RN jobs in Bozeman
- 0Jun 3, '07 by newnurse13I just graduated from nursing school in CO and want to move to Bozeman to be with my fiance. However, I applied to Bozeman Deaconess's new grad program and the NM would not even return my calls. I hear I would probably have a better chance if I was a local. Now, I am thinking about just moving and trying to get a job in a nursing home until I can get into the hospital. I'm not sure that is even feasible. Does anyone know what the job situation is up there? Any comments or suggestions? Thanks!
- 7,908 Visits
- 0Jun 10, '07 by ranchwifeunfortunately, with Boze-angeles having their own nursing program through MSU, you will probably have a harder time than most getting on at BDH!!! I worked there a few years back and they "prefer" MSU grads (though noone will actually come out and say it)....however, do not give up hope....ALL of the long term facilities in Bozeman are hiring RN's and LPN's!! you could always try there and get your foot in the door!! Livingston is hiring RN's and they are just over the hill from Bozeman...and ALOT cheaper to live...and the people who live there are still 'HUMAN', too!!!
Course....if you'd like, you could always come on down to Ennis,too!! We are always looking for good, enthusiastic nurses!!!
- 0Jun 12, '07 by newnurse13Thanks for the reply. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to working in Livingston or in long term care. I just don't want to do long term care forever and don't want to be out of the acute care setting for an extended period of time. Ennis would be great too if my partner had something to do out there. Take care...
- 0Jun 18, '07 by ranchwifeQuote from newnurse13Thanks for the reply. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to working in Livingston or in long term care. I just don't want to do long term care forever and don't want to be out of the acute care setting for an extended period of time. Ennis would be great too if my partner had something to do out there. Take care...
What does your partner do???? Plenty of jobs here in Ennis......construction and contracting is HOT right now and there are ALWAYS ranch jobs The construction work is pretty seasonal, but the pay is pretty danged good (make more than I do, that's for sure!!) and most of the bosses are not too bad to work for......I should know, as I am related to about half of them!! Let me know if I can help ya out!!!
- 0Aug 19, '07 by otikayRNHi there,
I went to MSU and love Bozeman but don't love the hospital. Last time I checked they weren't even JCAHO accredited. I have a girlfriend that started working there as per diem in order to get on a list to be hired full time because there are not many openings. I think it took at least a year for her to get a permanent position. Good luck. :spin:
- 0May 31, '11 by c7911@otikayRn- i'm recently moved to mt from tx and am hoping for a position at BDH...they aren't JCAHO certified?? i also wanted to know what you thought about the hospital in livingston? i'm so new to the area, i don't know the reputations of the hospitals.
@ new nurse 13- i feel ya