New Grad Moving to Great Falls - page 2
Hello. I am a new grad moving to Great Falls Montana in mid June. I am interested in Labor and Delivery and wondered if anyone knew what the schedule was like for L&D at Benefis. Thanks!... Read More
- 0Jun 29, '09 by mickey72Congrats on the job! What is PCU? Differently terminology than in KS...I'm thinking Peds? I have to apply for my MT license by endorsement first and probably won't look to start work until September. That way my girls are in school and we've established somewhat of a normal routine after the big move!!!!
- 1Jun 29, '09 by JumaknappNo, PCU is the progressive care unit. It's the ICU step down unit I would start applying in July, it took awhile for them to call me back and they were able to hold off on the interview til I moved to Great Falls a month later. They also asked me if I would like to start in July or August when they hired me about a week ago. I'm sure you can tell them that you aren't able to work til September. Good luck! Let me know how it goes!
- 0Jul 2, '09 by sandraanni am going to be moving to great falls . i just joined have to have so many threads befor anyone and reply to my thread. i am moving to grat falls . how are things there ? best of luck to you.
sandraann. email me at [email protected]
Quote from mickey72Congrats! That's great news. Best of luck on your interview. I remember you saying you wanted an ICU or ER....I hope you are able to get one of those locations.
And best of luck on daycare....I have a 14 month old and understand where you're coming from....
- 0Jul 2, '09 by sandraannI will be moving there too within the next few months. I need so many so many threads or replies to receive mail.Please email me back. i would like to know how the move went.
sandraannQuote from mickey72Congrats on the job! What is PCU? Differently terminology than in KS...I'm thinking Peds? I have to apply for my MT license by endorsement first and probably won't look to start work until September. That way my girls are in school and we've established somewhat of a normal routine after the big move!!!!
- 1Nov 5, '10 by BSNBound!Benefis is a amazing place to work. I'm not a nurse but a Phleb. in the lab so I go to all the diffrent departments and know most of the regular employees there pretty well. I love it and have no intentions as of yet to work any where else, even when I get my RN. Great Falls is a wonderful place to live and a great place to raise a family. However, I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but it is very hard to get into the L&D unit. They have a very low turn over rate (my sister is an OB RN there) and they tend to heir in-house before bringing someone new in. Get into the hospital, spend some time there and keep an eye peeled for an opening on L & D is the best advice I can give you. Good luck!
- 0Jan 6, '11 by weluv3BSNBound,
How is the economy there in Great Falls? We have a relocation in our future and had our sights set on North Carolina, but don't want to dismiss anything in between here in CA and way out East in NC
Are there many new grad RN positions? We could be moving either in the next year to 3 years from now.