Kalispell Regional Medical Center?
- 0May 25, '07 by chadh2Hi All,
I'm considering a move to Montana (from Oregon), and KRMC seems like an attractive place to work. Does anyone out there have experience with KRMC?
Here's a few more questions...thanks in advance for your help!
- What's the pay like for new nurses there?
- Patient Ratios?
- What's the town like?
I'm a new nurse set to graduate in June, and KRMC popped up on my radar d/t it's awesome location. The nearby ski area of Big Mountain is also attractive since my other career/job is ski instructor. Bonus points if anyone has any insight on Big Mountain .
But the bottom line is...is KRMC a good place to work or not?
- 6,437 Views
- 1Jun 6, '07 by 4merTxnI work at Libby Care Center in Libby, MT which is 90 miles west of Kalispell. KRMC as far as I know has a good reputation. There is also North Valley Hospital located in Whitefish 15 miles away. Both areas are growing rapidly and cost of living seems high. Many people enjoy Big Mountain. If you are interested in a more rural area, Libby is nice. Turner Mountain is a small ski resort 20 miles from town. Nurses are in high demand everywhere. You can probably negotiate a good salary and maybe a sign on bonus.
- 1Sep 22, '07 by bsngrad2beI LOVE KALISPELL! Unfortunately, I don't live there but my Dad, 2 brothers and sister do. My husbands job won't transfer to that area so we are in the midwest which I also love but miss my family. Have you moved yet? My dad was in KRMC last september and I was so impressed with the nursing staff as well as the PT, OT, ST, and anyone else who came in contact with him. They were all very professional and very caring. I was in A&P (am currently in Nursing school now) then and they really helped cement my decision to go to Nursing school. I hope you decided to give it a try.
McKenzie River Pizza is probably the best Pizza I've ever had!
Big Mountain is the best skiing I've ever done!
Whitefish is a blast especially in the summer and believe it or not, their beach is pretty awesome!
My family lives on Flathead Lake and I'd move there in a second if I could.
Lucky you. :spin:
- 1Dec 5, '07 by bogy21Hey chad,
You couldn't pick a more attractive area to live in. The surrounding area is trees, trees, trees. I'm a snow boarder and it doesn't get much better then Whitefish Mountain Resort. Well, KRMC is the biggest hospital in the area, but the wages in Montana are not that great. Starting you would make $19-$20/hr. Kalispell/Whitefish is a fairly expensive place to live. I recommend that you rent a house first. This will save you lots of problems if you decide KRMC is not for you. KRMC is a good place to work, but you have to get through the small town politics at the hospital, (mostly administration) first! I would have left after a few months as a friend of mine did, but i bought a house. But I stuck it out and things did get better. If you decide to work at KRMC holla back and I can get you some good info and good nurses to talk to.
- 0Mar 14, '08 by crazdmomof4Quote from 4merTxnI am currently an LPN, and we are moving to MT in June, does Libby hospital hire LPN's and are there alot of LTC if not? Do you by any chance know the pay range in either the hospital or LTC's I am currently making $22.00 hr in LTC where I live in Washington and love the Libby / Eureka area. Just need advise, I am currently in Excelsior for my RN, so a foot in the door of a hospital would be a bonus.I work at Libby Care Center in Libby, MT which is 90 miles west of Kalispell. KRMC as far as I know has a good reputation. There is also North Valley Hospital located in Whitefish 15 miles away. Both areas are growing rapidly and cost of living seems high. Many people enjoy Big Mountain. If you are interested in a more rural area, Libby is nice. Turner Mountain is a small ski resort 20 miles from town. Nurses are in high demand everywhere. You can probably negotiate a good salary and maybe a sign on bonus.
- 1Oct 30, '08 by nord11To crzdmomo4: I work at the hospital in Libby. I don't think the current administration would hire an LPN. In the past year things in general have gone WAY downhill. Management problems (small hospital politics)- we have had no DON or 2nd in command for over a year - just a lot of general problems. I would say that this hospital is by far the most dysfunctional hospital that I have worked at in 20 years as an RN! Libby care center - all I would say is don't go there. Think VERY hard before you move this way. Kalispell regional has a pretty good rep from here. Try the hospital in Whitefish as someone else said also.Last edit by nord11 on Oct 30, '08