Using a Treo for a laptop modemRegister Today!
- by EricJRN Jan 16, '08I have a Palm Treo 700p (service is through Verizon) and I've heard that it's possible to use the Treo as a modem for a laptop in place of paying for a separate wireless card. Anyone have experience with this?
- 2,216 Views
- Jan 16, '08 by Silverdragon102This doesn''t seem to give a good review. Hope it was what you was looking for
- Jan 17, '08 by EricJRNThanks! There is a lot of talk about the poor sound quality of the Treo, but I've never had a problem with it for some reason. I'm looking at using it for my Internet connection to avoid paying the phone bill, the data plan bill, and the wireless card bill - but it looks like there's another fee to use it for that purpose anyway.
- Jan 18, '08 by traumaRUsI have a Verizon Treo 700p also and just use the data plan $40/month for unlimited access. It has worked okay.
BTW - the All Nurses.com site is awesome on my phone! Especially during boring meetings - lol.
- Jan 21, '08 by LadyQTI also have a Treo 700 however through Sprint. I'm not sure how Verizon works but with Sprint you need to add the serivce to your plan for $40/mo with unlimited access. Your laptop would need to have a wireless bluetooth capability, if it doesn't you can buy a "USBBT100 Linksys Bluetooth Adapter" on Ebay or even though Linksys itself. The down fall to this is that it runs much slower than dsl and you cannot use your phone while it is running as a modem. Hope this helps!