Technology for Nursing SchoolRegister Today!
- by Gaelros Jan 30, '11I have a Droid X and want to know which apps are recommended for any and all purposes during school...Are bundles better than individual apps? Are books better than apps, etc...I figure if I have the phone and capability for consolidating information and resources I want to use it to the best of my ability.
Any and all suggestions are appreciated. I am sure others would have interest in other platforms as well.
- 1,153 Views
- Jan 30, '11 by BacktotheBeachYou might get more responses in the mobile computing forum. There's actually a thread going on right now about Unbound Medicine. That is what I have and I love it. There are also lots of free apps that are great!
- Jan 30, '11 by traumaRUsLet me move this to the Mobile Computing Forum - above poster is right - there will be more answers there.
- Jan 31, '11 by RobublindI wouldn't buy a book drug guide. I find the apps are better, easier and faster to look up drugs (and they are FREE). I would download Micromedix (free drug guide) and Medscape (free everything else). I would not buy the nursing central for the 1st semester, wait until you think you need it. The main apps in nursing central that I used was the drug guide and tabers. The only thing I would buy is Tabers for Android (you will use it alot in the 1st semester). For me the fewer books I have to lug around the better. The 3 main nursing books I used weighted a ton. If I could have gotten my books on the ipad, I think I would have spent the money. There are a few other posts on apps for nursing school, I would look at those.
Right now I have on my iphone (most of these are on Android)these nursing apps:
Nursing Central $150 ish
Whites fast facts ($40ish)
Nursing notes $I forget
- Feb 7, '11 by GaelrosThanks a ton. Very much appreciated.