Recommended size for iPod Touch for nursing only?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Recommended size for iPod Touch for nursing only? in Mobile Apps For Nurses, part of General Nursing ... Hi! I'm starting nursing school in January and our school requires us to have a mobile device...by one phoenix rising Nov 25, '11Hi!
I'm starting nursing school in January and our school requires us to have a mobile device for clinical use (cameras are ok-i checked). I already have an android as my personal mobile, but I want to buy an ipod to use for nursing only. Assuming I download the majority of the most popular nursing apps, would 8 GB be sufficient space? I'm not going to download any music or other non-work/school related items.
(Sorry if this is a really dumb question, I'm just not sure if the app sizes are all I should look at, or if I'll end up needing more space for other data, etc.)
Thanks so much!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=645785©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,446 Views
- Nov 25, '11 by NeedchangeofPaceI have an 8G ipod touch. I can only use in some clinical applications, LTC but not med surg, anyway I have Tabers, Davis Drug guide and a few other apps related to labs and radiology. 8G is plenty I think
- Nov 25, '11 by one phoenix risingThanks so much for your 2¢! I'd much rather buy the 8GB, but I don't want to find out after the fact that I need more memory.
- Nov 25, '11 by wilma30RNI got the 8 and have had no issues. I have tons of nursing apps (no music/games/photos).
- Nov 26, '11 by brocksjrHey,
Yeah you will be fine with the 8 gigs. Even if you - were - to load it up with some tunes you would be fine. If you were going to use your ipod to make or watch movies then you would need something bigger.
ps: can I suggest this app for you it's called "lab values" it's icon is red and it is a great lab app.
- Nov 28, '11 by Havin' A Party!Got the 8 too. No issues.
- Nov 30, '11 by Overland1A well known and time tested rule of buying computer stuff is that no amount of memory or storage space is "enough". Just as you thought you had enough storage, the next application or upgrade comes along and you are kicking yourself for not getting the extra space.
By all means... go with that which you can reasonably afford, or save a bit more money and wait for the better data storage.
Having just switched from a CrackBerry to a Droid (Bionic), I am finding our more about what the Droid stuff can do, and am switching even my Palm T|X files over. Maybe the Android will cover what you need to do with the iPod Touch.
- Dec 11, '11 by Michaels8GB is fine, just don't fill it up with games! Those take a lot of space sometimes.
- Dec 11, '11 by BacktotheBeachI'm a student and my 8 gb is fine, I have every nursing app there is I think!