palm os or pocket pc (windows) that is the question.Register Today!
- by alansmith52 Jun 18, '03I am either getting the sony clie or the dell axium. there are diffrences the biggest of which is the operating system
all those in favor for palm
and those for msft pocket pc
- 2,863 Views
- Jun 18, '03 by keermieI would highly advise palm os because almost all in my class seem to have gone this way; therefore, allowing us all to share programs and files. The only people to have had any probs are the ones using windows from my experience. There are a lot more programs available too. Furthermore, the Sony Clie accounts for 90% of the pda's in my class and is real slick. The prices are starting to come down on the model lines, and I'd get the 128mb card with the 16mb internal again.
- Jun 19, '03 by Brenna's DadI'd also second the Palm OS and the Sony Clie.
Although, it appears that many more programs are becoming available for the Pocket PC.
It's a tough decision. Beta or VHS?
- Jun 19, '03 by alansmith52good analogy
- Jun 20, '03 by TraumaNurseMy vote is for the Sony Clie as well. I love mine. Excellent programs and I can enjoy nice clear photos of the family while I'm away!
- Jun 20, '03 by KaylaRN2005I love my sony clie. I've used a pocket pc before and it seems that the palm is much smoother, you don't have to take 500 steps to get to where you're going. I got the clie SJ33 at Circuit City for a little over $200, pretty good deal!
- Jul 17, '03 by SCHMEGGAI use an iPaq and I wouldn't go back to a palm. I am kind-of a gearhead so I research everything when it comes to gadgets. This is simply a personal preference situation. Both will do what you need them to do. If youlike the palm OS then that is what you need to get. If you like the PocketPC then go that route.
- Jul 17, '03 by RN auditorI have the Dell Axim and it is so simple to use I would highly recommend it. All of administration where I work switched from Palms to Dells because of the windows based programs. I love mine and even for me being computer illiterate, it is so easy to use.
- Jul 17, '03 by KristinWWAlways go for the most popular operating system, similar to VHS and Beta. You won't go wrong with anything Windows-based.
- Jul 17, '03 by meandragonbrettI'd go with Palm. I don't like microsoft products.