Palm or ipod touch?
- 0May 6, '09 by csweetoothGood morning!!
I want to buy a new pda for nursng school. I trying to decide if I want the palm or ipod touch. I already have a blackberry but i don't think the memory will be enough for all the software i want to download.
Which one do you have?
How helpful is it?
Do the clinics, and hosp. allow ipod touch?
Do you have any problems downloading sofeware?
Are there any programs that you would like to download but are not avail for your device?
Anything you want to add?
- 1,410 Views
- 0May 6, '09 by That GuyHave you looked at putting a SD card in your blackberry to boost the memory in it?
Our hospital allows the ipod touch but some might be pickier about it. I prefer the touch because I use it a lot during studying and for when I travel too. I know my old palm couldnt do any of this. I have had zero problems finding an open wifi to download software.
- 1May 7, '09 by jc3015I used an HP iPAQ during my last clinicals with Ubound Nursing Central installed. It was really helpful, especially Davis Meds. No one at my hospital complained nor did my clinical instructors, and one was about as strict a nurse as I might encounter. They encouraged us to carry in reference material, but books are a bit inconvenient and tend to grow legs. I've since converted to the iPod Touch as the browsing is much better.
I'd imagine one concern would be if the device were to contain sensitive patient data, but I didn't use the HP for notes; the stylus was too slow (especially after a few hours of gel had dried my hands out), and the screen keyboard of the iPod/iPhone is even slower. I still use paper and ink for notes.
I plan on getting a copy of Saunders NCLEX-RN prep for my ADN program this fall, maybe a title for NANDA diagnoses. j
- 0May 7, '09 by AnnieMae*Oh Yay! I am so glad there is a thread for this. I am now considering these very questions.
I am leaning toward the ipod touch. (But I am technologically clueless and I don't necessarily have good reasons behind my choice other than ipod touch looks cool & I want to keep my phone & pda separate)
- What programs are available for the ipod touch?
- Is anyone out there using these devices with opinions to share on how well they work, what you like, dislike etc?
Thanks in advance
- 0May 8, '09 by CraigB-RN