nursing student phone applicationsRegister Today!
- by JerseyGirl6 Jun 14, '12Hello fellow nursing students...my nursing school made an option for their nursing students to pay and download this program called skyscape which included serval apps we need for nursing school. Its optional because there are free versions of those apps but I cannot seem to be able to locate them.
So here is where you guys come into play. I'm asking you all if you have any info or names of apps I can download to my phone for free (tmobile andriod market) that will be great. The following apps are what I need:
1. Drug rx guide
2. Disease and disorder manual
3. Lab manual
4. Medical dictionary
5. Medical calculator
I'm trying my hardest to find these apps for free but I'm getting the feeling ima have to pay for the package. Thanks a bunch for your help
- 5,444 Views
- Jun 14, '12 by justchillI believe you do it through Skyscape itself. Go into the Skyscape app and there on the bottom press tools then try downloading the free resources if available
- Jun 14, '12 by JerseyGirl6Thanks so much...I will try that and reply back with the results...
- Jun 15, '12 by JerseyGirl6Success it wokrked...but it didn't give every app I was looking for so I'm still lookin for some but hey at least I got some the ones I need, can't complain about that! Thanks again
- Jun 15, '12 by ImKosherYou can actually purchase the resources you are requesting through skyscape. Like Davis's Drug guide and such.
- Jun 15, '12 by JerseyGirl6Yea I know but I'm trying to get them for free because I'm buying so much other things tryin to prepare for school. Thanks for your help though...
- Jun 16, '12 by justchillI doubt you'll get them for free since Davis Drug Guide was expensive. My school gave us the iPod and bought the apps as part of our tutition and we loaded them on with serial numbers the first day. I honestly don't think it helped much. We always got grief with using them at the hospital so many of us stopped. I suggest an actual hard copy of a drug book.
- Jun 16, '12 by JerseyGirl6I do have some apps I downloaded for free but I'm going to just ask my fellow students when I go get fitted for my uniform Tuesday. Thanks for ur help and I'll post back if I get good answers...
- Jun 17, '12 by tamadrummerJust chill is right. Most hospitals will ask you to leave if you are caught using your phone/iPod on the floor. I always just brought my backpack with my nursing diagnosis book, drug guide, lab book, and merck manual. Yeah that's a lot of books but everyone was happy when they needed one lol. In the first 4 quarters I brought my skills books too. They were refreshers for skills check off.
Apps, micromedix is awesome! Skyscape is awesome. Has labs, drugs, clinical reference materials. There are tons and tons of free apps. Also download and practice nclex question apps. The sooner you begin getting familiar with them the better you will be at testing in general.
- Jun 17, '12 by JerseyGirl6I wouldn't even have known there were apps if my school didn't ask for them and my school is the hospital were I'm going to be doin my nursing program at so I hope they don't ask me to leave if they the ones who ask for them cause that would be really backwards and a waist of my time and energy! But that also gives me hope that if I don't need them so I don't have to stress over it! Lol thanks for your help