Nursing applications for cell phonesRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Nursing applications for cell phones in Mobile Apps For Nurses, part of General Nursing ... Can any of you help with good applications for my cell phone. i am trying NOT to buy a phone...by dbarnes2 Sep 13, '09Can any of you help with good applications for my cell phone. i am trying NOT to buy a phone package plus a 30.00 per month internet fee. I am hoping for an idea/provider so that I can download aome drug or other apps on a phone w/out the internet. Any ideas? Thank You
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=423653©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,011 Views
- Sep 13, '09 by SparrowhawkI don't think that's a possibility..but I dunno.
- Sep 13, '09 by squirtleWhen I was in nursing school I paid for Nursing Central found here:
I have a phone that is more like a pocket pc and the application was easy to use. While my phone does have internet, it was a necessity to utilize the program, unless I wanted to run an update. One thought also would be to check where you work to see if they have any programs you can download to use. At my work they have a subscription to Thomson Clinical Xpert that we are able to use on mobile devices. I think that you are going to be limited in what is available to you if you aren't able to utilize the internet unfortunately though.
- Sep 13, '09 by Be_MooreAll the smart phones that are capable of running applications that I am aware of will also require a data plan through the provider. They won't even let you activate a smart phone without a data plan. Your best bet would be to talk directly with providers.
- Sep 13, '09 by Circulator, RNI think that Nursing Central is also available for the Ipod Touch. You can use the Ipod Touch over WiFi, eliminating the need for a data plan from a cellular carrier. Good luck!
- Sep 13, '09 by traumaRUsI'll move this to the Mobile Computing forum for some more answers.