iTouch, is 8GB enough? - Page 3Register Today!
- Nov 6, '09 by CraigB-RNYes the touch and Iphone application are the same.
- Nov 6, '09 by kafluknikThanks, CraigB-RN...
I really am getting hyped up! As a nursing student, do you think that I could survive with just the epocrates for now? or would I be better with unbound? I am thinking that with the epocrates, I would always need a wi-fi connection to access data.
- Nov 6, '09 by CraigB-RNNope Epocrates is a native application and its always on your touch.
You need a nursing drug reference, one that has information on administration, mixing, etc. Davis Drug guide is the most common and you can get it from skyscape and unbound.
- Nov 6, '09 by kafluknikOkeydokey, then. I think I know what I need now. I will come back in a few weeks to post on how I'm doing with my new toy!
Thanks, CraigB-RN! Your posts have been most helpful. Cheers!
- Nov 30, '09 by traumaRUsSo how is the new toy?
I got an 8gb iPhone last week and love it. I don't use it for music (that's what car radio is for - lol), movies - thats what TV is for, etc.. However, I do have about 16 apps on it that I use a lot.
The apps take up so little space that I can have many more and not feel the need to upgrade.
- Dec 1, '09 by kafluknikSo true, traumaRUs!
I am quite happy & satisfied with my "new toy"! It has gotten a lot of curious looks and inquiries when I pulled it out in clinical. Some nurses didn't even know that this apps existed.
Most people knew the iTouch but didn't know that it was capable of being used as a handy tool in clinical practice and of course all the other possibilities such as the university, medCalc, games, etc.
Overall, I am so glad that I did decide to get myself one....happy slides to you!!!
- Jan 16, '10 by student_nurse_11What is the battery life like?
- Jan 17, '10 by kafluknikDuring my 7hr/12hr clinicals, it was fine. Fine - meaning, even as I used it to constantly input pt info, look up meds, disease & disorders, played a bit of music during breaks the battery level was still okay. I usually just turn off the screen to conserve battery if I don't need to use it. Just to be safe I also charge it at night so I don't have to worry about running out of juice the next day.
- Jan 18, '10 by traumaRUsI have the iphone and go thru 2100 min/months plus lots of online time. My iphone lasts all day if I keep it on the car charger while travelling.
- Mar 20, '10 by txnurstudThis is great info....just got my iTouch 32GB...love it thus far but I have a question. Have anyone of you needed 2 download MS Windows Mobile or My Pocket PC? The nursing program I'm going for reqires a PDA but it must have either Windows or Palm OS platform. iTouch doesn't allow me to download either. Has anyone had the same problem? please help