Ipod Touch and skyscape. please help
- 0Aug 18, '08 by gj47479I am interested in the IPOD touch as my PDA. I start nursing school in one week. I saw the skyscape programs but how would i be able to view them offline just in case I didn't have internett acces. I heard it's possible is this true? :stone
- 13,289 Visits
Purchasing the programs from Skyscape installs them on your iPod touch for all times, no internet is needed to look at the programs because they're on the unit for good. I too am in nursing school and am looking into an iPod touch for my PDA. So far I have found the only drawback with iPod touch is that the Nursing Constellation program is not available yet. All the individual programs within the Constellation program (such as Davis Drug guide, RNotes, etc) are available for individual purchase for the iPod touch but it ends up being more expensive that way. Despite being a bit more expensive to get what programs you need, it seems that the iPod touch still has cheaper memory than PDAs (get bigger bang for your buck, memory-wise). If anyone else has any information on the pros and cons of iPod touch for clinical use and the skyscape programs available, please chime in!
- 0Aug 19, '08 by gj47479Oh ok I see. I heard from some source that the Skyscape programs for the Ipod Touch could only be accessed by having an internet connection and logging into skyscape. I chose the Ipod over the Palm Tx and many others for the fact the the memory far exceeds that of the other handhelds plus the Touch is just more fun to have! I did speak with tSkyscape tech support this week and they told me the tech team was working on creating all programs in ipod format and they should be here not too long from now so hang in there! I also needed Saunders NCLEX review and it is not available in ipod format but the team is currently developing it and many others! If anyone else information on the Ipod Touch and Skyscape join on in the conversation.
- 0Oh, that's really good news! Did they give you a ballpark when those programs will be out? Are we talking this fall or like a year from now? If you buy some programs for your iTouch, let me know how you like the layout. I wish there was some way to play with the 2 units (iPod and Palm tx) with programs already on there so I can see which layout I like better. I sure do like my brother's iTouch though, seems like it would be a good layout anyways.
Thinking about what you heard about internet access makes me wonder if maybe you can purchase and download the programs onto your iTouch (eg. skyscape doesn't send any programs in the mail to download but rather have customers download the programs from their webpage after they pay for them? Maybe that's why internet is necessary?) Just a thought.
How do you like the iTouch in terms of organization? I'm an organizer nut job and that's one of the things I'm really interested in the differences between the 2 units. I know the Palm units are suppose to have nice organization (day planner) type programs and I'm wondering how iTouch compares? Any thoughts on that?
- 0Aug 20, '08 by barleynhopsBSNIt seems that having to be online to access the skyscape programs is unrealistic. Anyone have any experience with this? Im starting to look into getting a PDA and was thinking about the Ipod touch or a Palm TX. Do you have to be online with both of these units using skyscape? thanks!
- 0Aug 20, '08 by blessedtobemeonce you download the trial version of whatever skyscape program you are interested in you have access to that program anytime. It is on your pda, however it is a trial version so there are some areas of that program that will be locked until you purchase the full version. BTW- the trial versions are free. That IMO is the way to go. I have downloaded several trial versions and am trying them out before I buy. But I have a pocket pc w/ a windows format. Hope that helps some.:spin: