ipod appsRegister Today!
- by aachavez Dec 2, '11I start an ADN program in about a month. What apps have you used/would reccomend that would be helpful?
I love my ipod touch, and love finding ways to justify spending the extra cash on it lol
- 1,589 Views
- Dec 2, '11 by anonymousstudentThe Skyscape app is invaluable to me at clinical. It has Davis' Drug Guide, Tabers, and lots of other really helpful things like lab values. It's a little $$$ but it's well worth it IMO. I get information so much faster than my peers who are using books and the app breaks it down so it's easy to see what's really important without reading through 3 pages of 6 point font like in a drug book.
- Dec 3, '11 by BacktotheBeachI love my ipod, too! Here is some great info to start you out. I think it is good info to get started. http://http://www.gostudentnurse.com/nursing-apps/#more-1606
Lots of the free things are great, too. I like Micromedex, Epocrates, EZ labs.
Have fun!Last edit by madwife2002 on Dec 10, '11 : Reason: contains links
- Dec 11, '11 by MichaelsI've been using the app Pocket Lab Values for a while and it's pretty good. It was recommended to me by one of the nursing students a year ahead of me. She said she liked it because while the free apps have all of the usual labs you'd learn about anyway, this one has the more strange ones that you're glad are in the app. Oh, and it just came out for Android and iPad, which is a plus!
- Feb 4, '12 by exit96Skyscape Nursing Constellation is great!! I have had this app for going on 2 years. The first year I had it I was still in RN school and had so many resources that I ignored Skyscape. When I finally sat down and started going through it I found that it was all I needed!! It is a good one!!! Good luck!