IPOD & NursingRegister Today!
- by healthstar Jul 11, '10Hi everybody,
Does anyone use the IPOD touch for downloading stuff that can help you with nursing school... if so, what have you downloaded so far and what do you find very helpful?Please share if you don't mind. I have only downloaded--drugs and it really helps. Thanks so much
- 1,136 Views
- Jul 11, '10 by Silverdragon102Moved to the mobile computing forum
- Jul 11, '10 by CherryRed23I have skyscape. webmd, there was a free nclex review last weekend (normally $5 I think), epocates, medscape and medcalc.....now I haven't started school, so take it as my 2 cents. I hope people respond cause I'm curious if I'll ever use this stuff!
- Jul 11, '10 by healthstarI have Epocates and it is very helpful.
- Jul 12, '10 by sandnnwDon't forget Skyscape's OCM (outcomes medicine). It should be free with the skyscape download. VERY useful.
Also, make sure you have a wiki version and a dictionary.
The Merck Manual podcasts are also very useful, if you are a nerd like me. Great in the car, walking, treadmill/bike. I can imagine they would be helpful for review of systems and topics before clinicals and tests. You might find others. I listened to them while studying for my certification exams...I believe they helped me.
- Jul 14, '10 by CrazierThanYouI just ordered an Ipod Touch yesterday to use during nursing school. I'm looking forward to getting it and trying it out since I don't think I ever even been close to one!
- Jul 21, '10 by blaqpearlI have downloaded the app Mental Case which is linked to the flashcards located at flashcardexchange.com. They have millions of flash cards, including for most text books and nclex review.