iphone or blackberry?Register Today!
- by e.moore30 Dec 2, '08Hi all! I'm new to allnurses.com and i'm also a new nurse. I want to buy a smart phone that i can also use as a PDA so i can have all of those helpful apps they make for healthcare such as a drugbook and tabers right on my phone. I've been considering iphone or blackberry, does anyone have any suggestions and also i really want wifi so i don't have to pay for one of those expensive internet packages. Thanks for the help!
- 3,847 Views
- Dec 3, '08 by care4youi have the iphone 3g and love it, it comes with free wifi that will connect when there is a wifi signal around you, you pay $30 extra a month for the 3g network. with this you get unlimited e-mail, internet, gps, and so on. i would really recommend the iphone 3g. (either way, with the iphone or the blackberry your going to have to pay extra a month for the internet and e-mail.) look at my post above called iphone for nurses to check out the free software i downloaded on my iphone.:d
"only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not sure about the former."
- Dec 3, '08 by VivaLasViejasI bought my sister an iPhone for her birthday, and that darned thing does EVERYTHING. Now I want one, and to heck with the BlackBerry........if I can't have the best, I don't want the rest.
- Dec 7, '08 by texkidI have the BlackBerry Storm. Its not bad. Personally, get either one but still invest in a pda. In the long run, the iPhone and the BlackBerry will be outdated in 2+ years but pda can last more than 5. I still own my Dell Axim since 2004, yet have gone thru 3 smartphones since then.
- Dec 8, '08 by Larry77The new touch screen Blackberry looks cool, anybody play with that one?
BTW I love my iphone 3G...use it daily.
- Dec 8, '08 by texkidI have it. Its great! I type better on than the iphone
- Dec 8, '08 by LuckyKelleyKI just replaced my iphone with a blackberry bold. The iphone is nice, but the problem is, the programs are subscription. Meaning, if you pay 50-190 dollars for a program, you have to re-pay every year! With any other smartphone once you buy it, its yours. I am a total tech nerd, and the blackberry bold is an extremely sophisticated device. It is one of those things that totally depends on personal preference. I still loved my iphone but typing on the blackberry is much faster, plus, I don't have to pay yearly subscription fees for programs.
- Dec 8, '08 by texkidI totally relate. My storm is so easily customizable. Most of my apps are free and the screen clicks! No more emo pinata! J/K