I'm a long time addicted iphone user, I definitely have an obsessive relationship with it, it's hard not too
I have an insane amount of apps and games, so many I can't put them all on my 11 screens, I have to be selective
My kids have the ipod touches, my wife has an iphone, so I buy one app, I can sync it to all the devices. So having 5 different taste and people to please, but it works out pretty well. But that is my excuse for having so many apps
I have a handful of favorite apps I use, in no particular order. Words with Friends
(my most recent fav)! it's an amazing scrabble game you can play with your contacts, or strangers. You can easily have several games going at once, you play your turn whenever you have time. Very addictive. Weatherbug Elite
- great weather app for $1 Angry Birds
-great puzzle logic game RagDoll Blaster 1+2
- great puzzle logic game Peggle -
- uses gps to quickly find things Google
- love the voice recognition feature Amazon
- great for price checks, and reviews before buying locally, and great for buying on amazon on the go DoneDrinking
is always fun with friends Scoops
- easy and addicting game just tilt your phone evernote
- great syncing with online notes from mac/pc Plants vs Zombies Doodle Jump Convert
- cool unit conversion app Pocket God
-my kids love it - frequent updates and changes RedLaser
- amazing barcode scanning app, wonderful for checking prices online and local, plus it's just plain old cool! - works better on 3GS (camera focuses better).
Great for young kids, keeps them busy draining your : Talking Carl Smack Talk Face Fighter
- kids absolutely love this, you can take a pic of them or anyone, then you get to fight them, its very slick and hilarious, you get black eyes, fat lips etc... I think its a great interface and easy fun.
Well I could go on and on, but I don't have all night
Hope that helps.